Trusted Contributor

Re: I don't know if I am losing it

[ Edited ]

C@halfpint1 wrote:

I am hearing noise and am scared. It has been going on a few hours. Scared. Son won't come over. I have been hearing noise before but this is scarier-What to do? Is it really something or?

What kind of noise are you hearing?

Is it a steady “white noise”?

Droning thumping?

Low or high frequency?

Or, are you hearing voices?

If you believe in God, just wondering, could your house be haunted with evil,  or restless spirits? 

Have you discussed the noises and voices you hear with your priest?

Possibly consider having rite of exorcism in your home?

Good luck.

Hung

Super Contributor

@halfpint1... I haven't read this entire thread. I can't spend a lot of time here any more. Anxiety gets the best of me most days.  I'll be glad when you can get to see your DR. an get some blood work done.

I will tell you an experience I have had with noise. First of all,  I deal with anxiety, panic disorder and depression issues for many many years. It can be frightening at times.

About 3 years ago something different began happening to me. I became so sensitive to noise and had feelings of nervousness and I felt very unwell.  It intensified to the point I thought I was coming unglued. Any littlest noise just seemed so intensified.

I had to have complete silence or I felt like I would freak out....go over the edge. Really hard to describe it. It was horrible and one of the most  scary experiences of my life.  I couldn't even think straight. At one point, I couldn't even answer simple questions.  Finally I got to my doctor appointment and he ran labs.

Found out my sodium was way below the normal ranges. It took a couple of months till they got it back to normal range. I'm just trying to share my experience and throw something out there for you to think about because I can tell you are scared too. I wish I could help you. (((hugs)))

How is your diet? Do you eat really healthy foods and maybe ..... like me, I thought I was doing my body good by cutting back on junky foods and sodium, etc.

I cut out pretty much ALL sodium from my cooking. We never eat out or order in and I don't buy junk foods. So I wasn't getting any sodium in my system. It happened to DH too, only his didn't go as low as mine did. He ate some junk food at work and was getting some sodium. 

You never hear people/doctors/news speak of low sodium, but it's just as dangerous as high sodium. 

Maybe your noise issue could be something simple like mine was???  but it didn't make it any less frightening.

I can tell now when I'm going low because I begin having the same sensitivity to noise and nervousness/anxiety. I very promptly start adding extra salt to my cooking.

I hope you'll get some answers soon from your doctor.

Best wishes @halfpint1

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1  I hope you can update about your appointment.  Take care.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh