Super Contributor

Re: I do wish you would stop selling quack diet aids

How about the liquid flavored oil that you drink....to lose belly fat....all you lost was your money! LOL!
Esteemed Contributor

If it sells they will have it front and center with all kinds of promises.

I am approaching a very special birthday and my present to myself is weight loss... down 12 pounds thanks to keeping a journal, watching what I eat, eliminating the sugar including the sugar substitutes, a bit more exercise and just the plain garden variety will to succeed this time.

I also am totally into myfitnesspal dot com. What a marvelous app and it is working. No tricks just ordinary food with accountability and people to cheer me on.

Valued Contributor

On 9/28/2014 bonnielu said:

If it sells they will have it front and center with all kinds of promises.

I am approaching a very special birthday and my present to myself is weight loss... down 12 pounds thanks to keeping a journal, watching what I eat, eliminating the sugar including the sugar substitutes, a bit more exercise and just the plain garden variety will to succeed this time.

I also am totally into myfitnesspal dot com. What a marvelous app and it is working. No tricks just ordinary food with accountability and people to cheer me on.

I'm cheering you on as well Bonnielu!

You go girl!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}
Highlighted
Super Contributor

The particular poster I'm thinking of was literally advertising products much like a vendor, which I thought was not permitted here on these forums. What bothered me more was that the Webbie didn't remove the posts.

Valued Contributor

On 9/28/2014 Remee said:

The particular poster I'm thinking of was literally advertising products much like a vendor, which I thought was not permitted here on these forums. What bothered me more was that the Webbie didn't remove the posts.

There's a poster who has links to Amazon in almost ALL her posts. I thought it wasn't permitted here.

Super Contributor

QVC used to product test everything, but for the last few years they will sell anything to make money. 2 products - can't remember exactly what they were, arrived, then shortly afterwards I got a letter from the Q saying the product testing had not been done, and if I wanted to return them, I could. Talk about shady business practice!
Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 brewhaha said:

Diets do work if you exercise. They go hand in hand.

Actually lots of diets take weight off just fine without exercise. Been there, done that.

I'd be healthier if I'd exercised as I lost, but I wouldn't have lost significantly more weight much faster than I did. (Not talking TV weight loss shows where contestants exercise 6 hours a day, talking real life where people have to work to afford to eat and buy shos to go walk in.

Best diets = real food in portion controlled amounts spread across the necessary food groups.

Sounds really simple and is - but..... humans will always believe there's a magic pill, a magic potion, a "paint" that will make them beautiful, a car that will make them sexier, etc. That's what QVC, Lancôme, General Motors, the corner hair salon, the book store, the masseuse, sell. Tell me your job and I can probably tell you what ?magic? I think you're selling.

Honored Contributor

Small disclaimer, according to my very highly qualified internist. At least SOME of the products currently being sold through qvc actually ARE healthy products, but don't necessarily assist everyone with weight loss. No magic, no quick fix, but some ARE nutritionally sound. And also remember that recent research has revealed that what seems "obvious" in weight loss really doesn't work for everyone. I spent DECADES looking for a plan that would work for me, and found it. You have to do your own work (research, trial&error) to find what will be a successful lifestyle change FOR YOU!
Super Contributor

On 9/29/2014 violann said: Small disclaimer, according to my very highly qualified internist. At least SOME of the products currently being sold through qvc actually ARE healthy products, but don't necessarily assist everyone with weight loss. No magic, no quick fix, but some ARE nutritionally sound. And also remember that recent research has revealed that what seems "obvious" in weight loss really doesn't work for everyone. I spent DECADES looking for a plan that would work for me, and found it. You have to do your own work (research, trial&error) to find what will be a successful lifestyle change FOR YOU!

I agree violann! If there was really one product that worked there would be a lot more thinner people than there are. Keeping a list of every little thing I consume during all day was an eye opener and the thing that helped me the most to keep my weight on an even keel (just common sense for me)! So glad you found what works for you, too...Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Spindlegirl. I am very into BELIEVE IN ME this time around. I AM going to do it. It is slow but with accountability, reasonable portions and friends cheering it does help, lots.