Esteemed Contributor

Re: I declare today "National Back Pain Day."

@sfnative wrote:

In consideration of all who suffer from back pain, be it disease, disorder, traumatic or hereditary in origin, you and your daily challenges are thought of, especially here and today.

Life becomes a daily struggle as does just getting out of bed or accomplishing the simple task on many days.  I was cursed over the weekend with an extremely firm bed in a hotel and am in severe pain, which will take many days to calm down a bit.  Getting out of bed this morning was, well, an exercise in futility, almost.  However, after oxy and Soma, I'm almost at the point where I can shower.

Having been on these boards since 2004, I know that many of you have mild to severe back and/or neck issues and just wanted you to know that you haven't slipped through the cracks.  For those of us who know of your challenges, you're thought of often and included in prayers.

If you're being especially bothered today with pain and disability, I pray that tomorrow will be a better day for you.

~Rebecca

Rebecca,

I am so sorry to hear about what this hotel bed has caused you to have to endure. I am sure you have seen where I have said many times over here. That being that I have not slept in a bed for 25 years now because of back issues.

I fortunately have found my answer to be able to sleep, and wake up what I consider an amount of pain I can deal with most days.I only take a 500mg Tylenol on occasion, but i too still have those days.

I think anyone that has ever been debiltated by back pain can relate to what it can do to a persons quality of life. You are a very strong person, and also one that has seen many in pain, from your long career in the Medical field.

I join you in your declaration: " National Back Pain Day"

E.T.A.    

Rebecca,

I typed this many hours ago and when I hit "post", I got a message said something like: "sign in verification didn't match, return to origin of post. Something like that anyways.

Took me back to reading your post and everything I typed was gone. So here I am many hours later, I come to the Wellness Forum, and it asks me if I want to "load my earlier Auto Saved post". So here I am, but part of the end of what I typed is missing now.

I hope this latest bout with this pain for you will be very short lived. 

My best wishes to you, a person I have considered to be a very long time personal Cyber Friend,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Dear OP:

Very sorry to hear of your back pain and I hope and pray that you will find some relief!

I am sorry to say that I, too, am a life-time member of the "club".  My membership started unfortunately at a very, very young age.  I had a very nasty fall down a long flight of stairs and landed full force on my back on cement.  Every since then, I have had many back challenges which continue to this day.  Some days I get out of bed and struggle to even straighten up.  When I can -- I consider it a good day!!!  

My prayers and best wishes to all that you find relief for your constant struggles!!!  Heart

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Rebecca,

I hope you're better soon. Back pain is no fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

In consideration of all who suffer from back pain, be it disease, disorder, traumatic or hereditary in origin, you and your daily challenges are thought of, especially here and today.

Life becomes a daily struggle as does just getting out of bed or accomplishing the simple task on many days.  I was cursed over the weekend with an extremely firm bed in a hotel and am in severe pain, which will take many days to calm down a bit.  Getting out of bed this morning was, well, an exercise in futility, almost.  However, after oxy and Soma, I'm almost at the point where I can shower.

Having been on these boards since 2004, I know that many of you have mild to severe back and/or neck issues and just wanted you to know that you haven't slipped through the cracks.  For those of us who know of your challenges, you're thought of often and included in prayers.

If you're being especially bothered today with pain and disability, I pray that tomorrow will be a better day for you.

~Rebecca

Rebecca,

I am so sorry to hear about what this hotel bed has caused you to have to endure. I am sure you have seen where I have said many times over here. That being that I have not slept in a bed for 25 years now because of back issues.

I fortunately have found my answer to be able to sleep, and wake up what I consider an amount of pain I can deal with most days.I only take a 500mg Tylenol on occasion, but i too still have those days.

I think anyone that has ever been debiltated by back pain can relate to what it can do to a persons quality of life. You are a very strong person, and also one that has seen many in pain, from your long career in the Medical field.

I join you in your declaration: " National Back Pain Day"

E.T.A.    

Rebecca,

I typed this many hours ago and when I hit "post", I got a message said something like: "sign in verification didn't match, return to origin of post. Something like that anyways.

Took me back to reading your post and everything I typed was gone. So here I am many hours later, I come to the Wellness Forum, and it asks me if I want to "load my earlier Auto Saved post". So here I am, but part of the end of what I typed is missing now.

I hope this latest bout with this pain for you will be very short lived. 

My best wishes to you, a person I have considered to be a very long time personal Cyber Friend,

JOhn

John,

Thank you for your most kind response.  I recall several years ago, prior to my back surgery, when asking for advice about recliners, you chimed in with some great advice and also stated that you hadn't slept in a bed for X number of years because you've been sleeping in your recliner.  I want you to know that I have tried this, but it hasn't worked for me and believe this to be so because my husband rather insisted on a cheap recliner which is rather firm.  Right off the bat I placed a piece of egg crate on the seat and a piece on the back, then purchased a cover for the chair.  I'd really like to get a decent recliner one of these days.

My back might be just a tic better now, a week later.   As you know, when these things happen, it can take up to 3 months for such a flare to resolve.  My challenge is to not do anything stupid in the next month, as we just bought a house and will be moving at the end of August.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get through that without having to take a sit-down break every 10 minutes.

What you mentioned about quality of life is so very true.  If I could take just one 500mg Tylenol tab per day, I'd be a happy camper.  However, I'm still on 2 oxy tabs with breakfast and an occasional muscle relaxant, when spasms are extremely painful.  This is not what I had in mind for retirement, but it is what it is.  I can't imagine having the issues that I have and not know what's going on.  At least I've got that information on board.

Thank you, my friend, for being the special person you are.

~Rebecca