Esteemed Contributor

Re: I called my Dr. office 2x, no call back.

@Kachina624  Yep, the bathroom is a trick.  The kicker is the discharge papers said you may resume normal activities, no bending right leg.

Well, my normal activities consist of bending my knee.  Can't be both as far as I can tell.

Respected Contributor

When you finally get the doctor on the phone make sure you tell him/her what happened. Someone is not doing their job and the doctor should be aware of this. Having said this doctors do call in the evening after office hours. Hope it works out. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

You should have been given written discharge instructions from the hospital which should indicate what exercises to do for your knee and the home health nurse should also have the same info from the doctors office. That was what happened in my case.

Ditto for everyone I know who had knee surgery.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Sorry to read this. I hope you get a return call soon. My wife and I are fortunate.  Her surgeon has been our good friend almost 25 years and we can call him on his cell.

My wife is into week 3 and yesterday was a big turnaround for her at PT, and today is even better. We see our friend Tuesday and will see how he likes her progress.

Best to you with your recovery.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Call your doctor, say it's an emergency.  But, yes indeed.  The physicial therapist is supposed to be doing exersizes that require bending your knee.  That's why they have her coming to your house.  The knee is a mechanical part and you need to work it and you don't want adhesions to develop.  

Honored Contributor

I was wondering if the instructions meant try not to bend the knee when sitting or rising because you are putting weight/stress on the knee.

But during your PT session you would be lying on your back and bending your knee, you would have no additional weight put on the knee. So there would be no additional stress on your new knee.

I can not believe the Doctor's office did not call you back. Hope the Doctor's office got back to you by now.

Honored Contributor

This had nothing to do w/PT,BUT our doctor's office NEVEr returns calls. To witt:

Bladder infection and needed some help-took 2-3 days for a return call

Refill on migraine meds-called onTuesday-this is Saturday-nothing ,no calls,no refills!

We are now doctor shopping.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

When you finally get the doctor on the phone make sure you tell him/her what happened. Someone is not doing their job and the doctor should be aware of this. Having said this doctors do call in the evening after office hours. Hope it works out. 

I agree, let the dr. know.  I had a wonderful dentist,  his receptionist was nice, but terrible at her job.  She never returned my calls.  I had an emergency a few years ago and called three times during the same week, she told me she would get back to me and never did (and this wasn't the first time this happened).  I found another dentist. 

Honored Contributor

I do not think our doctor cares.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla  It's now a little after 3 on Saturday afternoon. I haven't heard a word from Dr. office.  If they didn't call on Friday during office hours they won't bother on a weekend.

I am taking walks, flexing my dumb toes (as I was told)  and not bending when I sit or stand.  My PT home health is trying to find out what the deal is.  She will be here first thing Mon. am.

At this point as long as I can walk, climb stairs and bend over to pick something up and have no pain I'm good.  Sitting on the floor cross legged is not a goal.

And this is the exact reason I dislike Drs.  When I said yes to the surgery I heard from them. Now I can't get a return call.  I never had to bother them after my hip surgery.  Had no issues.