Honored Contributor

I am worried about my sister

She is 76 and I fear she might be in the early stages of alzheimers.  SHe walked into a wall last week and fell twice . One fall took her to the ER , she fell off her steps  outside, and is using a walker , she didn't break anybones, but has bad bruising

I share a Dr with her, and am wonderfing if I should tell her what I have noticed ,the next time I see her. It won't be for a couple months

I know she can't discuss my sister with me, but, I would feel better if she knew somethings,  I have recently observed about her. She sleeps a great deal, has lost quite a bit of weight

She keeps throwing up ,despite taking nexium, and I can't convince her to get an endo. Her husband is useless so I don't expect much out of him, and he is in his 80's besides , having health issues. 

Do you think it's out of order for me to mention these things to our Dr?  Our mother had Alzheimers, our father did not.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am worried about my sister

TELL!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

@cherry  yes, I would mention your concerns to her doctor.  You sound like a nice 'lil sis.Heart

Honored Contributor

I would definitely tell your/her doctor what you've observed.  It's very important that she knows.  Make sure to mention the throwing up, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry, (((hugs for you and your sister)))   I agree with @Laura14@roxxy1, and @NickNack.   I would speak up, praying sister would know that my actions came from a place of love. ❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I'm glad you don't think I am overstepping and trying to be a  interfering sister. I am not giving hearts right now, because I have some issues with my arm ,so don't feel I am not grateful for your help

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I'm glad you don't think I am overstepping and trying to be a  interfering sister. I am not giving hearts right now, because I have some issues with my arm ,so don't feel I am not grateful for your help

Don't worry about the hearts, @cherry.   I've been noticing that the hearts aren't always working properly (for my devices, at least).    I hope your arm is okay!   Take good care of yourself.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Actually, I think you need to get her to go to the doctor now rather than wait a couple months to mention it.  If you mention it to the doctor, she really cannot do much except tell you to get her to come in. Then maybe you'll have to wait to get an appointment.  The things you mentioned are concerning, maybe not Alzheimers but falling could be disastrous, losing weight not good.    If she resists going to see the doctor, point out that it's for your peace of mind because you are worrying.  Offer to go with her. of course.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cherry- I’d definitely say something to your shared doctor. 

Hope your arm gets better quickly. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@cherry 

Heed the advice..I will pray for all of you. 

@dooBdoo 

So wonderful seeing you! 

tenor.gif