Honored Contributor

Re: I am trying intermittent fasting.. kind of....

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I've been reading your interesting posts for inspiration, as I need to lose some weight.

The slight belly gain as we age is not from fat, but from the spinal column becoming shorter.  As we age, the discs between our vertebrates lose fluid, so they flatten, and the spine actually shrinks.

Osteosporosis, and the flattening of the feet can also cause a loss of height.

Men can gradually lose an inch between the ages of 30 to 70, and women can lose about two inches. After the age of 80, it’s possible for both men and women to lose another inch.

Sorry for the bad news!

I just don't want you to blame yourself.  You are obviously working very hard on this.

@NYCLatinaMe  How interesting  about the belly fat tie in to  the spinal column becoming shorter...thank you for sharing this info. I definitely have lost height since being a younger person. At least an inch, maybe more. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

yes, @SeaMaiden, maybe a belly, not necessarily belly fat.  Not the same thing...

Trusted Contributor

The premier protein shakes are great.many flavors and are perfect for a meal replacement.....they keep me feeling full for hours...30g protein and 1g sugar. DH's cardio recommended them but I like them also. We also try and walk everyday but it is so hot right now it is impossible, even early morning or late evening.  The few malls we have used to open early for mall walkers, but stopped due to COVID protocols. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I needed to lose about 20 pounds. Gained it shortly after I retired. 

I did it by eliminating all cheese and condiments permanently (mayo, ketchup and Miracle Whip). 

@SilleeMee 

CHEESE????Woman SadWoman SadWoman Sad