Honored Contributor

Re: I am trying intermittent fasting.. kind of....

@Deree wrote:

I've been doing IF for a while now and definitely agree with the thinking that it's important to give your digestive tract a rest.  Breakfast at 8 a.m., dinner at 2 p.m.  I thought it would be difficult for me.  It isn't.  More recently, I went gluten-free and dairy-free.  The gluten is easy to do without.  The dairy? Not so much.  I will probably allow myself some cheese now and then.

@Deree  Here is an informative video on dairy...

Google:

Is Dairy Scary?? Inflammation & Obesity Concerns - 2021

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Deree wrote:

I've been doing IF for a while now and definitely agree with the thinking that it's important to give your digestive tract a rest.  Breakfast at 8 a.m., dinner at 2 p.m.  I thought it would be difficult for me.  It isn't.  More recently, I went gluten-free and dairy-free.  The gluten is easy to do without.  The dairy? Not so much.  I will probably allow myself some cheese now and then.

@Deree  Here is an informative video on dairy...

Google:

Is Dairy Scary?? Inflammation & Obesity Concerns - 2021

@Susan Louise   Thanks for the rec, but I know everything there is to know about dairy.  The problem for me is that I'm osteopenic, so while I can get calcium from green leafy vegetables and supplements (eating the bones in sardines grosses me out, ugh), eliminating dairy from the equation could be problematic in that regard.  But for now, it's no dairy and I'll see how it goes. :-)

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Frequent Contributor

I do the 18:6 most days, less so 16:8, eating all my calories between 1 and 7 pm or noon to 8.  I don't do the 24 or 48 hr fasting.  

I know some people's lifestyle would make it difficult to do this but it works for me.  It is also a great way to control my weight.  

Honored Contributor

Update:

I started this thread in April....I have continued to fast every other day since then.  I started at  about 148 and today weighed in at 138.  I can tell my clothes fit so much better.  My goal target weight  has been 135..... 

So far I feel good!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden With your new hair style on Wednesday, you are going to be a new you!  Good job, girl!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden With your new hair style on Wednesday, you are going to be a new you!  Good job, girl!

@tends2dogs  Ah Thankyou!  ❤️ If I just did not have a loose crown on a tooth  everything would be good...it is AWAYS something😄

Honored Contributor

If men ate like some of you are eating, they'd probably lose 25 pounds in a month😁. Yet experts say it's calories and exercise only that contributes to our poundage.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs  Ah Thankyou!  ❤️ If I just did not have a loose crown on a tooth  everything would be good...it is AWAYS something😄

Ain't that the truth! Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden, how tall are you?  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SeaMaiden, how tall are you?  

@tansy  About 5'8".