Honored Contributor

Re: I am trying intermittent fasting.. kind of....

@Big Joanie 40 pounds is AMAZING! Good for you! 👏🥰

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden , This sounds so unhealthy to me. I do hope you stay well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've read if you decide to stop doing it your body will start storing more fat. Does anyone have an info about that?

Honored Contributor

If I eat two pieces of See's candy, can I count the time between the pieces when I'm shuffling through the box looking for the next piece as intermittent fasting?  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have been doing IF for awhile now...started with 16/8 and DH & I do OMAD a couple of days a week now. It will be for the rest of our lives.

We don't skimp on salt or fat (not veg oils that cause inflammation, but avacado oil and bacon grease, coconut oil are all good fats)...our bodies need them. It is sad that our gov/pharma/CSPI has made folks fearful of both.

For those interested, Dr Ken Berry & Dr Berg have videos available on salt. For those that live in fear of fat in their lifestyle, I highly recommend watching a long youtube video documentary called 'Fat Head' (1:44 - 1 hour/44 minutes). It is quite eye opening. Honestly, DH and I are angry that we have been spoonfed cr*p about an upside-down food pyramid all our lives. We also blame ourselves for getting on the bandwagon in the 70's/80's of thinking a keto/low carb lifestyle was just a silly fad. We wouldn't have developed so many health issues if we lived that lifestyle in the 1st place.

We couldn't be healthier now...and we both lost a ton of weight...so very happy Smiley Happy

We finally took off our horse blinders and rose colored glasses Sept 2018. Folks, it is not fat & salt that is the enemy...it is carbs/starch/sugar.

As for that documentary video, it explains it all...the bottom line, easy to understand basic info of keto/low carb...info about cholesterol, insulin/insulin resistance and all the added facts of the bologna we have been fed all our lives.

Do Not skip through it, you will miss key points throughout. If you don't have time to watch it completely, watch it in chunks of time, but watch to the end.

I also recommend reading 'Lies my Dr Told Me' by Dr Ken Berry. Dr Becky has a new great book on IF - guide & cookbook.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Big Joanie 40 pounds is AMAZING! Good for you! 👏🥰

Thank you very much .... it was much needed work ....

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think you should eat two meals on your eating day and then stick to the 400-500 meal on your "fasting" day.  There's a book on this, something like The Every Other Day Diet.  

@SeaMaiden 

Honored Contributor

Intermittent fasting done correctly is really good for you. Partnering it with a clean keto lifestyle has done wonders for me in my significant weight loss and many areas of my overall health. I’m on an 18:6 schedule daily.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Intermittent fasting done correctly is really good for you. Partnering it with a clean keto lifestyle has done wonders for me in my significant weight loss and many areas of my overall health. I’m on an 18:6 schedule daily.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  Absolutely...on all accounts.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

We have been doing IF for awhile now...started with 16/8 and DH & I do OMAD a couple of days a week now. It will be for the rest of our lives.

We don't skimp on salt or fat (not veg oils that cause inflammation, but avacado oil and bacon grease, coconut oil are all good fats)...our bodies need them. It is sad that our gov/pharma/CSPI has made folks fearful of both.

For those interested, Dr Ken Berry & Dr Berg have videos available on salt. For those that live in fear of fat in their lifestyle, I highly recommend watching a long youtube video documentary called FatHead (1:44 - 1 hour/44 minutes). It is quite eye opening. Honestly, DH and I are angry that we have been spoonfed cr*p about an upside-down food pyramid all our lives. We also blame ourselves for getting on the band wagon in the 70's/80's of thinking a keto/low carb lifestyle was just a silly fad. We wouldn't have developed so many health issues if we lived that lifestyle in the 1st place.

We couldn't be healthier now...and we both lost a ton of weight...so very happy Smiley Happy

We finally took off our horse blinders and rose colored glasses Sept 2018. Folks, it is not fat & salt that is the enemy...it is carbs/starch/sugar.

As for that documentary video, it explains it all...the bottom line, easy to understand basic info of keto/low carb...info about cholesterol, insulin/insulin resistance and all the added facts of the bologna we have been fed all our lives.

Do Not skip through it, you will miss key points throughout. If you don't have time to watch it completely, watch it in chunks of time, but watch to the end.

I also recommend reading 'Lies my Dr Told Me' by Dr Ken Berry. Dr Becky has a new great book on IF - guide & cookbook.

@Susan Louise 100%!  Even though I’m on a 16:8, now and then I’ll do OMAD.  Back in the day, I could never do that.  I’d have breakfast at 7:00AM, be starving by noon, and dinner would always include potatoes, rice, or pasta.  I wish I knew about keto and IF ages ago!