Honored Contributor

Re: I am over the waiting room

@Snoopp wrote:

I know a doctor who had several bad reviews online due to long wait times in the practice.  Things got a bit better after those reviews were posted.  

When I needed extensive dental work and had few choices because of the insurance I had, one of my three choices stood out on Yelp as having bad reviews about the same issues. I was even told by another dentist not to go to that practice because they were "terrible" according to other patients. But I honestly had no choice, so I went.

Turns out that 90% of the complaints were about the way their offices were run, not the dentistry performed there. They had moved an office to a new location and hired a new office manager. I have had not one single complaint about anything - every single person has been friendly and caring and the dentistry up to good standards. So this is a case where how patients were treated - waiting times, billing, etc - greatly affected the view of the practice you would get if you were seeking treatment and looking for others' opinions of the doctors and the practice.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14  It can be frustrating waiting long beyond your appointment.  When I had my joint replacements, I had many visits back to the clinic the first few months after surgery. I remember one visit it was over an hour past my appointment time..I finally asked at the desk what was going on....they said "Oh, we are about an hour behind...so sorry".  I told them it would had been nice if they would have just broadcasted over the intercom system that they were running behind rather than say nothing.  Just say SOMETHING!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Laura14  It can be frustrating waiting long beyond your appointment.  When I had my joint replacements, I had many visits back to the clinic the first few months after surgery. I remember one visit it was over an hour past my appointment time..I finally asked at the desk what was going on....they said "Oh, we are about an hour behind...so sorry".  I told them it would had been nice if they would have just broadcasted over the intercom system that they were running behind rather than say nothing.  Just say SOMETHING!

@SeaMaiden  Amen!!  They sure find their voice when asking for the payment.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

I know a doctor who had several bad reviews online due to long wait times in the practice.  Things got a bit better after those reviews were posted.  

When I needed extensive dental work and had few choices because of the insurance I had, one of my three choices stood out on Yelp as having bad reviews about the same issues. I was even told by another dentist not to go to that practice because they were "terrible" according to other patients. But I honestly had no choice, so I went.

Turns out that 90% of the complaints were about the way their offices were run, not the dentistry performed there. They had moved an office to a new location and hired a new office manager. I have had not one single complaint about anything - every single person has been friendly and caring and the dentistry up to good standards. So this is a case where how patients were treated - waiting times, billing, etc - greatly affected the view of the practice you would get if you were seeking treatment and looking for others' opinions of the doctors and the practice.

@Moonchilde All of my doctors' practices are on Yelp and well and they get savaged for the administration stuff.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

I will never take any other appointment than the 1st one of the day.

So sorry, yes, they apologize but that doesn't make it any better.

@Just Bling  I like an appointment at 1pm, right after lunch.  Get there early to get a parking place.  I no longer do 8am for anything. 

I have one in August right after lunch, that will be "new" for me since I do the first appointments anyway.  I'm up at 6 everyday and off to the gym so getting things done early isn't a problem. 

Valued Contributor

@Jasmine19 

Mondays are the worst in a medical office!   Tuesdays are not much better.  

Avoid CALLING a Doctor office on Mondays and Tuesdays.  They are usually slammed.  

Best appointment is the first appointment in morning or first after lunch.   

I used to work in a medical office for many years.  Retired now!  <G> 

CAT

Valued Contributor

try taking a elderly man to a doctor appointment who has to go from a nursing home. wait for the van. then wait for the doctor and then wait another hour for the van to pick us up. one doctors appointment turned out to be four hour? and  it was for nothing because if the doctor told us to get these two test we could have avoided going today and had the test done.

Trusted Contributor

I have one doctor that is notoriously late. Always has been. I used to sit in his waiting room for hours. I started making his first appointment for the day, which wasn't until afternoon since he did hospital rounds in the morning. I call right before my appointment to see when they want me to come in and then I hardly have a wait. If I didn't love him so much and I have gone to him for so long I probably would change doctors. This works well but I had to learn how to arrange my appointments. I hate waiting for appointments though. I think everyone has the same problem with doctor appointments. They schedule every 15 minutes I think.