Honored Contributor

I am looking for a toothpaste for sensitive gums and dry mouth

[ Edited ]

The version of Colgate I was using was discontinued and the replacement causes mouth sores. 

I use Sensodyne or Biotene gel currently. 

Please and thank you for any suggestions for a paste (to mix with the gel I use)

Respected Contributor

Re: I am looking for a toothpaste for sensitive gums and dry mouth

I've been using the sensodyne and Biotin for years...maybe ask your dentist, or hygienist...they would know!

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2

I asked my dentist and he was the one to give me samples of the new Colgate. I called and told him about the mouth sores. Dentist didn't have any suggestions for a paste.

Thank you for the suggestion😀

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Try baking soda

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor

I've had good results with aquafresh sensitive, but it doesn't have a whitener.  I use the pens.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123, For sensitive gums you might want to try the Natural Dentist toothpaste and mouthwash.  If not available locally you can find it at drugstore.com and Amazon.  You can add a pea sized amount to other toothpaste.  It has echinachea and other herbs.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have great results with Crest Sensi-Relief. Really works for my senstive gums and teeth.

Crest_SensiRelief_Plus_Scope_Toothpaste_list.png

Honored Contributor

I suffered with sensitive teeth for years, using Sensodyne, whatever.  It was terrifically painful when I had my teeth cleaned. At times I even had them numb my mouth first.  DH gave me a tube of Aim, the cheapest thing in the store, about 1.00 for a giant tube.  Of course I figured this wasn't good enough.  But sure enough, my problems slowly ceased.  There are no "good" or "bad" additives to this gel, obviously I am allergic to certain things that don't bother most people. Teeth cleanings are much easier to take, and I don't have to worry about the carcinogen Triclosan that is in some of these products. 

Trusted Contributor

If you have sensitive gums that is different than sensitive teeth.  Peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) is often suggested for gum issues.  It can stain your teeth.

Another thing to consider is gel toothpaste can clog your drain.

Respected Contributor

I use Sensodyne ProEnamel...works great, and I have had no problems with any adverse reactions.