Honored Contributor

Re: I am itching all over my arms

@halfpint1I am here for you. If you need to ask for help, ask for @Cherry, and I will try to advise you ,the best that I can

I hope you consider letting a Dr examine your arms, if you aren't better by tomorrow

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Anonymous032819  she once admitted we are her security blanket. As long as she gets some sort of contact with the posters here , I think it helps her feel safe

She needs that . Apart from her son ,she has no one to turn to. I think she has social fears ,and we are mostly  non threatening for her

She may have trouble expressing herself at times. People here watch out for her. A poster got Q to call her home, when she hadn't responded in a while

We are about all she has, as far as family, so even if sometimes I feel I am knocking my head against a wall, I will keep trying to help her. She needs that contact with people

Thank you, @cherry   I feel like you have experience with where halfpint is at this point in her life, and those of us who post here, can do what we can...

It may not be ideal, but if it helps her at all, it’s worth it to try to assist. 

Honored Contributor

We can be her friends @september  and she needs that desperately

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped at walmart today but they were out of Benatryl but I did buy Calamine lotion.

Esteemed Contributor

where does she live?

are any of us are near @halfpint1 ?

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

where does she live?

I believe so Cal. As far as I know, no other poster lives nearby. 

@halfpint1   posts almost every day, but as far as responding to posts to her...it’s hit or miss 

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

where does she live?

I believe so Cal. As far as I know, no other poster lives nearby. 

@halfpint1   posts almost every day, but as far as responding to posts to her...it’s hit or miss 

I'm in IL  I was hoping to help a bit more

I have a tender heart for @halfpint1 

Honored Contributor

I hope the "information" she gets here are not used to bolster arguments against her son and doctor or to ignore them.  We have NO idea what the real situation is, and our advice may often be counterproductive.   I think some positive reinforcement to get help is our best advice.

Honored Contributor

No one has ever done that to my knowlege @Sooner . Posters try to sooth her and calm her down ,for the most part

I am glad they don't turn their backs on her. We give her some   security, and she has so little of that, it would be cruel to take it from her..imo  We are just her night light to keep the monsters away

Honored Contributor

@cherry I disagree because some of the suggestions about medicines and such can derail her from what her doctor says.  It is great to offer words fo comfort and support, but any time advice about her medication comes into play, we are inserting ideas that may or may not be good advice.

People also may be trying to get her to move to a more secure and beneficial situation, and our support may be hindering that move.  

The bottom line is we do NOT know the situation.  We do not know what the people on her end are facing.  Good wishes are great; prayers and support are great;  other than that, we do not know what she needs to hear.  And we should remove ourselves from that part of the conversation. Been there done that, and I know what can influence someone who needs to make some changes and is resistant.  

We don't know what her son says, need to do for her, or is facing.