Honored Contributor

I Would Appreciate Prayers and Thoughts For My Dad

My Dad was admitted to the hospital 2 days ago. He has Sepsis.  He will be 88 in about 2 weeks.  We are quite concerned. I am not very familiar with Sepsis but I have been reading up on it.  He has fought many other physical battles and beat the odds every time. The whole family and his doctors call him "the man with nine lives".

Hopefully they caught it in time.  It started over the week-end and the nursing home wanted to wait till Mon. to take blood but we insisted that it be done that day. Thank God we did. While he had no fever he was hallucinating and getting weaker.

Any prayers and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Super Contributor

Re: I Would Appreciate Prayers and Thoughts For My Dad

@jubilant  You got 'em!  :-)  So glad that your family insisted on the blood test.  Best wishes to your papa.  Thoughts and prayers going out to him, and to your family. ~*~*~*~*

Honored Contributor

@jubilant

Bless you and your family.  It is a hard hard road--and I will certainly say prayers for all of you.  May your dad beat this and spend many more days with his loved ones!

Valued Contributor

Prayers sent.

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to your dad.  We are hearing quite a bit about sepsis these days.  Hopefully, the doctors and nurses are on top of this.  Thankfully, you and your family are taking control, which is wonderful for your dad.  I always worry about those who do not have someone to speak up for them.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Good thoughts going to you and your dad.  I do hope he is feeling better soon.

Valued Contributor

Many prayers going for your dad.  My dad is a little younger than yours, 85 and Drs call him "Miracle Man".  He had colon cancer in his 70's and pulled through and is cancer free.  Last Septemenber he broke his neck in a fall trying to load a trailer to haul things off.  He drove with a broken neck to the dump and then that night thought he should maybe go to the hospital. Dr said he should have died. The list goes on and on.  I know that he survived all of this through prayers, so they are mighty, mighty things!   Know that only good thoughts to your family and I hope you feel the "comfort" of everyone's prayers!! 

Respected Contributor

It's so important to be care managers and advocates for family members in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living, and rehab facilities.  So much can go wrong quickly.  Seeing what goes on and what can happen at care facilities, I'm so glad I was able to be there for my parents.

Honored Contributor

Since I can't do it the real way...HeartHeartHeart to you and your family.