Respected Contributor

I got both the Pfizer vaccines and the booster.  The day I received my booster I had Covid symptions.  Two days later I tested positive for Covid.  I am 67 yrs young and had a tough 2 weeks.  Fatigue, Fever, loss of smell/ taste.  Intestinal issues as well.  I am happy to announce that my taste/smell is back and am feeling great!  I firmly believe if I hadn't be vaccinated, I'd be on a ventilator, hospitalized or worse.  Each case is an individual situation, but I'm so happy I'm well enough to respond to this post!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop   My symptoms appeared about 2-3 days after I visited Walgreens to get my Moderna Booster.  I've been in isolation for months, have been nowhere.  I'm better now except for a total loss of taste and smell.  I agree it would have been so much worse without the vaccine. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If I lost my sense of taste and smell I would assume I had Covid. As soon as that happened if I really wanted to know for sure I would have gone and been tested.

Your county health department website probably has all the information that you need to know.  Our's is an excellant source of information.  It breaks everything down for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   I called our state health department covid hotline yesterday and spoke to person who was supposedly a nurse.  Every question I asked she responded with, "I'm not a medical professional" and wouldn't answer.  She was an idiot.  All she would say was that testing is always good.  I told her she was no help but thanks anyway and hung up. 

I called my retired doctor who'd given me her phone # and told me to call if I needed help.  She's pretty sure given my symptoms that I had covid but at this point there's no point getting tested as I no longer have the virus.  She said I could be tested for immunity but that would serve no purpose since I have immunity from the vaccines.

Yes, in hindsight, I should have gone for a test when the symptoms were active.  Thought I just had flu since it's rampant here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 , I think I had the thing too, and don't know what it was. I gather I had the flu, a breakthfough covid or food poisoning. 

It began like yours. Mine had remnants of all three of the above. I took NyQuil and slept almost an entire day. Second day, more sleeping and took aspirin for my headache and nothing to eat but crackers. Lots of fluids, more sleep and the third day I felt rested and great, but still ate crackers. I have smell and taste and feel fine. I've never slept so much in my life. I wasn't awake long enough to go to the doctor, so I'll call it my mystery attack. I never get the flu; I haven't had a cold in ages; so I'm kind of thinking a breakthrough covid with 2 Moderna shots.  

Honored Contributor

@febe1  The big thing with covid seems to be a complete loss of taste and smell.  After 3+ weeks I still can't taste a thing. Doctor said respiratory problems are common too..  I DIDN'T HAVE THAT. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@febe1  The big thing with covid seems to be a complete loss of taste and smell.  After 3+ weeks I still can't taste a thing. Doctor said respiratory problems are common too..  I DIDN'T HAVE THAT. 

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 , the big thing was it went away so fast, while I felt like I was going to meet my Maker. Mine wasn't at all respiratory. No sniffles. Had taste and smell, but no appetite at all. I did have diareah,thus crackers and why I thought possibly food poisoning, which I've never had so wouldn't recognize it. Sleep was all I wanted and I know I slept an entire day and night. Can't recall that day and night at all. 

Everything was gone on the third day, and I felt energetic and rejuvenated. 

I haven't had flu or even a cold in years and years, so many I can't remember. That's why I keep coming back to covid breakthrough and wonder if I wouldn't notice taste and smell b/c I had no appetite and just ate some crackers. @Kachina624 , I was 5 lbs. lighter on the third day!!!

I do know I nevah want it again....