Respected Contributor

Hope you are feeling a bit better this evening.  Hope you have some chicken soup and can take your temperature.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 : Hope you get better soon. Surprised your insurance ( as a former State employee) didn't cover flu shot.  In addition to Medicare, we have BCBS as retired Feds.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybe get Xofluza?? That's a better antiviral than Tamiflu.

I didn't know that there was an alternative to Tamiflu, @SilleeMee.  Good to know.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   It sounds like the same thing my 2 daughters and family all had.

My oldest kept making her husband get the Covid test 3 times (all negative).  Then her 17 year old daughter got it....following her 2 sons.  She was the only person who was notsick.

Next my daughter in Miami got it from her 3 children.

The only thing that got rid of it eventually was the strong Sudafedfrom behind the pharmacy counter but my one daughter that has mild hypertension can't take it.

It's definitely not Covid but it's not an ordinary cold either with everyone being transient (!) who knows what it is.

I hope you feel better soon.  I can tell from your posts you are sweet.

I always tell my girls and grandchildren like them...you are too sweet to be sick..

Esteemed Contributor

Flu shots are considered as preventive care, so It's strange that your insurance wouldn't cover it. Maybe that insurance doesn't cover other preventive care? 

Anyway, hope you feel better soon. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I always thought flu shots were free to everyone. Feel better!!!

Valued Contributor

Hope you feel better soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I hope you feel better soon!  I hope you can get some flu meds soon. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 That crazy wind blew here too the last two days and it was awful.  We both feel not great and have allergy symptoms and are sore from the booster and that danged ill wind!  

Be careful and feel better soon!!!!

Honored Contributor

Hope you're feeling better soon!  Maybe it's just a bad cold and you'll get over it in a few days. Smiley Happy