Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I Think I Have The Flu

[ Edited ]

Started yesterday with stratchy throat (not sore), coughing and lots of sneezing.  Awoke at 2am this morning with chill.  Piled on blankets and eventually awoke 3 hrs later burning up and soaking wet.  Aching all over.  Don't know if I have a fever but I'm chilling right now.  No runny nose.  No breathing problem or loss of taste but don't feel like eating. High winds here for 3 days and blowing dust. 

I've tried twice to get flu shot but first time they didn't have it; second time my insurance wouldn't pay for a pharmacy to administer it.  Do you know most charge? 

I'm fully vacincinated incl booster. Drinking lots of fluids. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sorry that you are not feeling well.  Just wanted to say that, can't help with your question about insurance.  I was getting the flu shot free at my job.

Honored Contributor

Thinking good thoughts for you to get well quickly, @Kachina624.  Maybe you should contact your PCP about tamivir...not sure about the spelling.

Esteemed Contributor

get well soon......i've had what i think is just a cold....for 2 weeks....

Honored Contributor

Maybe get Xofluza?? That's a better antiviral than Tamiflu.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I know you know when you need to see a doctor.  You should take your temperature.  Keep us informed how you are doing.  We will worry about you. 

Prayers for you to get well soon.   

Honored Contributor

@tansy   Good thinking.  Thanks.  I just left a msg for my doctor.  Forgot about Tamiflu. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Sending you well wishes and hope you hear back from the doctor soon. I can't imagine how horrible you must feel. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Hope you are feeling better soon.  Take care of yourself.  Let us know how you are doing...DW

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I am so sorry you are feeling yucky. I am glad you called your doctor. Hopefully, you will start to feel better soon. Can't have my New Mexico friend under the weather.