Esteemed Contributor
I need some help on purchasing a small to medium size top fill humidifier.... the winter is here & the air in my house gets so dry which causes my nose to bleed .. all recommendations are appreciated.. THANKS 😁
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Need a good humidifier

Respected Contributor

We purchased one from QVC, it's V40057, Air Innovations top fill Ultrasonic Humidifier. I am pleased with it ...and a helpful hint, as with all humidifiers, clean it once a week.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I amost posted this myself yesteray. I get so overwhelmed with reading about them and reviews that I never order one. I don't  want to have to clean it all the time and I don't want the white dust on the furniture. Is there such a humidifier? And does it really even help with breathing at night with the dry air in winter? 

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:
I need some help on purchasing a small to medium size top fill humidifier.... the winter is here & the air in my house gets so dry which causes my nose to bleed .. all recommendations are appreciated.. THANKS 😁

Same situation.  I put a Levoit cool mist, top fill into my Amazon cart.  $69.99.  Levoit seems to get good reviews.

Valued Contributor

I have the H308646 which I purchased a few years ago.  It is a bottom fill but it runs longer on 2.1 gallons of water.  Have gotten nose bleeds for several days.  Was using 2 inhalers for asthma, caused by allergies, and stopped them because of it.  I also purchased a saline nasal spray to see if it helps.  Was fine all summer until Sept. when allergies hit.  Each tank is a gallon and pretty easy to fill from a gallon jug.  Right now I mix 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 tap water which I let set for 24 hours.  I'm happy with it and like that I can use the extension piece so the mist can be raised higher.  I run the mist on low in the bedroom during the day and increase it at night.  It makes some water noise once in awhile but not a problem.  I also like that it beeps before it shuts off. 

Esteemed Contributor

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP !! 😁😍
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found that, when using a humidifier in my house, it works best if I keep it running 24/7. I set the humidifier on HI when the furnace is set on a higher temp and running (usually during the day when I'm at home). At night my furnace runs less and so I set the humidifier on a LO setting.

Using my humidifier 24/7 keeps the humidity level up high enough so as to avoid having the humidifier try playing catch-up to getting enough moisture in the air if I turned it off for periods of time. Sometimes humidifiers just can't keep up and you end up without enough humidity in your house. ...so keep it running and adjust the setting accordingly.

I use Air Innovations humidifiers. Mine are bottom-fill style.

I also bought a separate hygrometer to monitor the humidity level in my house. The Air Innovations humidity readings on the humidifiers themselves are not accurate at all. I keep my humidity in my house between 40% and 45%.

I have two of this style:

Air Innovations MH512 Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier

Respected Contributor

We bought a new humidifier yesterday for our bedroom. It is Homedics brand and final cost was $64.99 after $40 off. It is a dual tank, top-fill , hot steam or cold mist model similar to one we had several years ago that we gave our grand to use in his apartment. Check their website for the other info as I don't know where  DH put the box. We have many Homedics products and they are all very high quality.