Esteemed Contributor

@nana59  and

(@pupwhipped  I mentioned you because I know you are suffering pain right now.  Not sure if you are interested, but what the hey?)

Just throwing these suggestions out there because you asked for supplement suggestions.  I wouldn't be without any of these.  GOOGLE them and read the reviews on Amazon.  You can find these items at most vitamin shops.

Myotone by Enzymatic

Phenocane by Oxylife

Rhus Toxicodendron

Just remember that anything natural or in this category of

treatment takes time to notice a difference.  The damage didn't happen overnight and the relief won't happen overnight either, but while it is doing it's "thing", it won't be hurting you.  Just remember to drink lots of water. Show your docs, but I doubt they are educated in any of this.  Their stock answer is always "You'll end up with expensive pee."  So ignorant.  Think how toxic  and expensive your pee was when you were taking Humira??

Nuff said~~~~~~~~~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@nana59,

You might want to read entirely through the topic "Anyone Use CBD Oil?" On the Wellness forum.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Do you have RA??? I would suggest you talk yo your rheumatologist asap ..I have had this disease for overv30'years and, in contrast remain very functional with no deformities because of the aggressive medical approach I have chosen to take.  

Not all all drugs work for everyone but please talk to your dr before going off your meds

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 I would NOT talk to my DR.   I will probably get slammed for my comment as I usually do, but my opinion is all the Dr's want to do push pills.  I am not doing anything they suggest and I feel better then ever. exercise is so important as others have said, and what you eat can help you a lot.

The Pharmacies are a big money maker.  They push now 2 Pneumonia shots, a flu shot, a tetanus shot, a shingles shot. Then there are the tests.  Colonoscopy, mammograms, blood work, Bone density tests etc.   They are pushing everything anymore and exposing us to bad things.  Statins, Bone meds, etc are two of the biggest money makers on the market.  

On you tube there is a Dr. that talks about how bad all these things are and how these Dr.'s are persuaded by the Pharmacy companies.  

I would look into more natural things.  The Bone meds and Statins had me to a point that I could barely walk.  I stopped all of it.  I feel great now.  I walk 2 miles a day, do a lot of yard work, etc.  Good Luck and I hope you can find some relief.   

Super Contributor

Re: I'M DONE WITH HUMIRA!!!

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@nana59, I can't offer any help, but just wanted to suggest you might get a lot more responses if this thread were in the "Wellness forum".  

Hope you find some relief that works for you.

Thanks--will do...

@nana59@HisElk@HisElk1

Just a suggestion .....

but the Mods delete the thread if we post the same topic in more than 1 board

so instead of a new thread you can ask the Mods to MOVE the thread over to WELLNESS. 

Prayers for you to feel better @nana59!❤️💚💜💙

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@nana59 I would NOT talk to my DR.   I will probably get slammed for my comment as I usually do, but my opinion is all the Dr's want to do push pills.  I am not doing anything they suggest and I feel better then ever. exercise is so important as others have said, and what you eat can help you a lot.

The Pharmacies are a big money maker.  They push now 2 Pneumonia shots, a flu shot, a tetanus shot, a shingles shot. Then there are the tests.  Colonoscopy, mammograms, blood work, Bone density tests etc.   They are pushing everything anymore and exposing us to bad things.  Statins, Bone meds, etc are two of the biggest money makers on the market.  

On you tube there is a Dr. that talks about how bad all these things are and how these Dr.'s are persuaded by the Pharmacy companies.  

I would look into more natural things.  The Bone meds and Statins had me to a point that I could barely walk.  I stopped all of it.  I feel great now.  I walk 2 miles a day, do a lot of yard work, etc.  Good Luck and I hope you can find some relief.   

I totally agree with everything you said.  I am at the point where I want all the meds I take out of my system...although there are many who might disagree, I feel as though all these chemicals do more harm than good....that's how I'm feeling right now.  I've been on these toxic meds since 2002....and it's time for me to stop.....

Honored Contributor

I don't agree with not talking to your doctor.   If you feel your doctor is only in it to "push pills" then find another doctor.

You may even be mis-diagnosed.   It may be time for a new, 2nd or 3rd opinion.

I say this because my Internal Medicine doctor is very conservative when it comes to medicine.   There are doctors out there like him.

@nana59

Super Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I would discuss this with your doctor and get their opinion on supplements.

As you may know, supplements are not regulated by the FDA, and the potency can vary from brand to brand.

AGREE @Plaid Pants2. Potency can vary from pill to pill as well since it's unregulated & we don't know what's in each pill or bottle. Smiley Sad

Also "natural" isn't always good and our liver has to process and try to filter all the stuff we self medicate with.  

Be cautious @nana59 and ask a lot of trained experts because internet advice is sketchy. Hope you feel better soon.❤️

Respected Contributor

I am fortunate to live in an area that has holistic centers. I must be unusual because my dr has never pushed any medication at me. He has told me how the disease progresses and what different treatment options can do. He has encouraged me to see holistic doctors who have , along with the TOXIC meds, prescribed supplements, diet, exercise and meditation. 

Iwould never say say do not talk to your Dr. as someone else said, if you feel he/she is only pill pushing find someone else.

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

I am fortunate to live in an area that has holistic centers. I must be unusual because my dr has never pushed any medication at me. He has told me how the disease progresses and what different treatment options can do. He has encouraged me to see holistic doctors who have , along with the TOXIC meds, prescribed supplements, diet, exercise and meditation. 

Iwould never say say do not talk to your Dr. as someone else said, if you feel he/she is only pill pushing find someone else.

I was going to suggest a holistic approach as well. My city has several treatment centers. I have an autoimmune disease, scleroderma, with a lot of inflammation and pain. One rheumy wanted to put me on Humira and another doc suggested methothrexate. I refused and went to a holistic center. My life is not pain-free but my scleroderma has not progressed any further. I believe it' s because of the holistic approach I have chosen.