Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00 wrote:

@walkingal   I like their bars and pizza, and purchased them online from Walmart.

Thanks for the info!  I keep forgetting Walmart carries it.  I'll have to give that a try.

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Helen Bach  After the gel shots in my knee, I decided to drop about 20 punds to see if it would help.  In the past, I have used the NS that the Q sells, but this time I went with the option to choose my own foods.  What a difference.  The food is delicious.  When I had the regular plan, it was just to drop about 15 pounds and I did not eat all of the food.  Stayed on it about a month or two and lost what I wanted.  I did drop weight but gave much of it to my neighbor.  This time around, I am so happy with everything and not sharing.

Good luck on your journey.

Would you share which specific foods/meals you like best?  I like the idea of being able to choose your own food BUT I have never tried them before so have no idea what would taste good.  And I had no idea Q offers it where you pick your own food...good to know.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Love Nutrisystem

[ Edited ]

@Helen Bach 

Life to me is a journey, not a destination. Experiences one has during this journey are, at times, choices a person makes at some points along the way.

Losing and/or maintaining a desired body weight, to me, is just the opposite. It is not the journey, it is the destination. If a person has a goal and they are able to reach it, the journey is secondary.

Glad to hear you are loving your journey.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@walkingal  If you order the pizzas, they are not frozen, they remind me of the pizza flatbreads that are not refrigerated.  The directions say to microwave the pizza, but that way is like chewing on rubber.  I crisp them up in the oven, and they are very good.

Regular Contributor

Anything that works and you love is all right in my book!  Congratulations!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Love Nutrisystem

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite  Here are my favorites from the frozen:  waffles, roasted turkey medallions, chicken parm, salisbury steak with mac and cheese, cinnamon roll, strawberry shortcake cupcake, cream filled chocolate cupcake, artichoke and spinach stuffed chicken breast.  The hamburger is good, but the roll is very small and not worth bothering to eat, and the supreme pizza bowl is also very good.

I have not eaten all of the frozen foods yet, and some of what I ordered was replaced with other items because they must have run out.  I did order pancakes, but I got the waffles instead, which I really like.

Even though this program is more expensive, the food is so much better.  When I ate the chocolate cupcake, it tasted just like a Tastykake, if you are familiar with them.  The salisbury steak is absolutely delicious.  I was concerned how the roasted turkey with mashed potatoes would taste, but they were very good.

This is a plan that as long as I can afford it, I will stay on it.  I am home by myself during the week, and this saves me from cooking too much food that I would go ahead and eat.  I do add some things that are not part of the NS plan, but it does not seem to be a problem.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Glad it works for you. Too much sodium for me. 

Frequent Contributor

Do you use one of their plans or just buy certain items? Had thought about buy but heard so many bad reviews of the food. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

There is an a la carte plan available in which you order what you want. I think you have to pay a membership fee to be able to just order this way without getting the whole breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack packages. I like the shelf stable dinners--especially the Italian ones--on hand if I am running late and need a quick meal.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.