Not applicable

Re: I Can't Shake This Fatigue

Get your vitamin levels and hormone levels checked. If your doc won't do it, find one that will.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Peachysue said:

First the reason for the fatigue has to be figured out by a Doctor, then maybe some suggestions on how said diagnosis was treated for others with same diagnosis ... simple as that in my book.. Like my fibromyalgia, until after I read about it and was diagnosed, now I read about what works and doesn't work for others.

I agree Peachysue first go to a doctor. but, it good to do your research as well.Wink

Honored Contributor

Research is a good thing but it's the Doctor that has the guidance and go from there. Mine was amazed at how much I had researched fibromyalgia but all I knew was, something wasn't right and my neuralgia had worsened.

We have a wonderful fibro thread going too- lots of nice people & we understand one another's issue.. I am sure Mindy will do the right thing- only thing to do is start with Doctor, ask as many questions as possible, should I see another Doctor.. you know..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I've skimmed most of the responses, but in case it hasn't already been mentioned, another thing to consider is sleep apnea, which can be DEADLY!

Trusted Contributor

lipor & crestor as well as heart meds can make one very tired. You might check on any meds you take to see if they cause fatigue.

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Mindy D said:

I learned there are tests that are not commonly done by a primary care doctor, for thyroid. They don't commonly do the testing for Hashimoto's. Would it save time and money to just go directly to an endocrinologist? He or she could also do a diabetes or adrenal tests and levels of folate and other B vitamins and check my D levels. My primary care doctor had me on much lower D levels than what is recommended now. I am not sleepy, by the way. There are many more causes of fatigue. What happens to me, is that I start to do a chore and I have about five minutes of stamina and then I stop, and sit down. If I am doing a chore, sitting down, I can work on it longer. I have absolutely no energy. I am not grocery shopping, am barely cleaning house, don't feel up to getting dressed and going anywhere, because I am too tired, but not sleepy. Coffee helps me a little. I have no stamina to keep at any project. I feel like I have won a gold medal in the Olympics, if I manage to make dinner.

This is just my two cents worth, but if I were you I would probably go directly to a cardiologist if your insurance permits. They can run an EKG to make sure your heart is okay and they can also run blood work for thyroid, white blood cell count, ferritin, iron, vitamin D among other things. I've had a test showing I've had Hashimoto's and then recently it shows I don't - I'm just hypothyroid. I guess it depends on the antibodies in your system. Because you mention stamina, I would get the heart checked out. I know what you mean however by not being sleepy but fatigued. I can't take a nap to save my life - but even today I just feel "foggy" and am pushing myself to get things done. Good luck, Mindy.

Honored Contributor

My Dr has said that OVER 38 % females have thyroid problems.

Check that out. Most people who have 'issues' still are shown as 'borderline'. Don't accept that if it happens just once (most people show borderline).

Also you might have Fibromyalgia. Life is too short to not feel well. Get it checked out and if all is well make small life changes.

Respected Contributor

I have 3 recommendations

1. Go see your internist

2. Go see your internist

3. Go see your internist

Good Luck!!!

Regular Contributor

Mindy D did you find out anything from your doctor, are you feeling any better? Blessings to you.