Super Contributor

Re: I Can't Shake This Fatigue

If your doctor does not find anything, that does not mean you do not have a problem. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome that cannot be detected with any tests. Good luck.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 ccassaday said: Back in January I had the same fatigue. I was sleeping almost twenty four seven. Went to the doctor all my blood work was normal. I failed to mention to him an issue I was having.no was in denial that was causing it. Long story short I ended up in the emergency room with emergency surgery and ended up with a nice three month hospital stay plus one more surgery. Go see your doctor.

What was the issue which sounds much different than from a hormone imbalance or deficiency?

Valued Contributor

Try fasting for a few days on juice or vegetable juice.
Honored Contributor

See your doc, or a nurse practitioner. Also, there are several in-store clinics around the country with real docs and testing facilities. Just in case you aren't able to see your doc in a quick, timely manner.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Persephonel said: Try fasting for a few days on juice or vegetable juice.

That's a dangerous suggestion for someone with severe fatigue from unknown causes. See a doctor.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/20/2014 adelle38 said:
On 9/20/2014 Persephonel said: Try fasting for a few days on juice or vegetable juice.

That's a dangerous suggestion for someone with severe fatigue from unknown causes. See a doctor.

Especially if this person is diabetic and doesn't know it. That is one thing that can cause fatigue. You need to find out what is causing it then you can treat it.
Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Mindy D said:

I have fatigue that is holding me back from getting things done. I have been trying to shake it, but it just will not go away. I had an illness which can have fatigue as a symptom, but it could also be do to other reasons. I have done my research, and I know I should get some medical tests done, but if anyone has any fatigue fighting suggestions, I am ready to listen. I have no energy. Zero, zip, nada. I know of all the possible causes, so I am just looking for fatigue fighting suggestions. Thanks.

Hi Mindy D,

If you know all the possible causes I think it is time you go to someone and find out exactly which one it is that his causing you to feel this way. I could offer some suggestions, but "since you know all the causes", there is no need for me to mention them.

Not much else I think would be worth mentioning to you as it sounds like you are looking for something I cannot offer you.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Do please consult a doctor and not us posters here Mindy. The solution comes after knowing the source or cause of the problem. Feel better soon.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

See a physician. See a physician. Chronic fatigue is not normal.
Super Contributor

From personal experience, I would for sure get my thyroid checked out because Hypothyroidism can cause extreme fatigue. I still have my bouts with fatigue however and am always grateful for the days I have a lot of energy - this has been going on for years. I've had about every blood test known to man and I think it's just something that can come along with menopause (in my case). What does help me though is drinking enough water, taking a multi vitamin, and occasionally taking liquid B-12. I wish you good luck and hope you find a resolution. It is horrible to be tired all the time.