Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Shake This Fatigue

As others have said, you need to see a physician and have blood tests done. If you have an underlying medical condition that causes fatigue, none of the suggestions you receive here will have any effect on this symptom.

That being said, I also have been fatigued for quite a while. One doctor's suggestion is diet and exercise. I can't exercise, don't have the energy. I went to another doctor this week and had blood work done. Found out I have low Vitamin D which causes fatigue. Easy fix.

Get thyself to a physician.

Trusted Contributor

You can't effectively "fight fatigue" until you know what the underlying cause is. That's what you have to correct -- not the fatigue, which is a symptom. See your doctor and get some tests so you can meaningfully tackle the problem. Fatigue can be a symptom of a viral illness, a chronic autoimmune condition, depression.......or it can come from something as simple (?) as anemia, a vitamin or nutritional deficiency, or inadequate sleep. You can't fix fatigue till you know what's making you feel tired.

Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Scooby Doo said:

As others have said, you need to see a physician and have blood tests done. If you have an underlying medical condition that causes fatigue, none of the suggestions you receive here will have any effect on this symptom.

That being said, I also have been fatigued for quite a while. One doctor's suggestion is diet and exercise. I can't exercise, don't have the energy. I went to another doctor this week and had blood work done. Found out I have low Vitamin D which causes fatigue. Easy fix.

Get thyself to a physician.

That was my trouble most of my life I had excellent resilience than there was none...

for years the doctors I seen could never address this, until I stumble upon this dr. who did the saliva test, blood test will measure other things but will not fine this, it was the saliva test which showed a 24 activity of my adrenals.

Some doctors that is their specialty where as other can try to help but if they have not much experience with this they will not be much help!

I was almost zero in the AM and got a little dip in the late afternoon.

No one wants to live this way just verily functioning and your world has greatly shrunk, while life passes you by....

Valued Contributor

On 9/20/2014 GoodStuff said:

You can't effectively "fight fatigue" until you know what the underlying cause is. That's what you have to correct -- not the fatigue, which is a symptom. See your doctor and get some tests so you can meaningfully tackle the problem. Fatigue can be a symptom of a viral illness, a chronic autoimmune condition, depression.......or it can come from something as simple (?) as anemia, a vitamin or nutritional deficiency, or inadequate sleep. You can't fix fatigue till you know what's making you feel tired.

100% right GoodStuff. This is the wrong place for entrusting our health. Sometimes I think QVC's liable to be slapped with a malpractice suit for some of the threads and advice they allow.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Please Mindy, get some professional help. The more I think about this you need help before something happens to you, ok?

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 spindlegirl said:

You can't effectively "fight fatigue" until you know what the underlying <em>cause</em> is. That's what you have to correct -- not the fatigue, which is a symptom. See your doctor and get some tests so you can meaningfully tackle the problem. Fatigue can be a symptom of a viral illness, a chronic autoimmune condition, depression.......or it can come from something as simple (?) as anemia, a vitamin or nutritional deficiency, or inadequate sleep. You can't fix fatigue till you know what's making you feel tired.

100% right GoodStuff. This is the wrong place for entrusting our health. Sometimes I think QVC's liable to be slapped with a malpractice suit for some of the threads and advice they allow.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Many years ago we had a poster ask for advice about chest pain, I made the remark to check with her physician, not a BB- boy oh boy was I ever chastised for saying that to a poster yet others told her the same thing- how dare I say that was one of the remarks, LOL hail you can't win for losing around this joint...

Mindy, check with your physician... there's a lot of good advice on the thread but none of us are Doctor's and sure don't want to point you in the wrong direction....good luck!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Contributor

I've encountered the "zero energy" mode a lot during the past few years. Since then I have drastically reduced my intake of processed foods and increased lean protein. For me at least, this drastic reduction in junk carbs has proven to be a huge plus in my energy levels. I no longer feel lethargic or "foggy in the brain". You should certainly consult your doctor about your specific concerns. Good luck !!
Valued Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Peachysue said:

You can't effectively "fight fatigue" until you know what the underlying <em>cause</em> is. That's what you have to correct -- not the fatigue, which is a symptom. See your doctor and get some tests so you can meaningfully tackle the problem. Fatigue can be a symptom of a viral illness, a chronic autoimmune condition, depression.......or it can come from something as simple (?) as anemia, a vitamin or nutritional deficiency, or inadequate sleep. You can't fix fatigue till you know what's making you feel tired.

Many years ago we had a poster ask for advice about chest pain, I made the remark to check with her physician, not a BB- boy oh boy was I ever chastised for saying that to a poster yet others told her the same thing- how dare I sat that was one of the remarks, LOL hail you can't win for losing around this joint...

Mindy, check with your physician... there's a lot of good advice on the thread but none of us are Doctor's and sure don't want to point you in the wrong direction....good luck!!!

It's really odd isn't it to be chastised for recommending an actual doctor.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Can you picture somebody showing up in an ER sick because of Internet advice and saying "But MickyMouse1234 on the shopping board told me this would make me healthy ............."

Honored Contributor

It's really odd isn't it to be chastised for recommending an actual doctor.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Can you picture somebody showing up in an ER sick because of Internet advice and saying "But MickyMouse1234 on the shopping board told me this would make me healthy ............."

spindlegirl, I couldn't believe how nasty people got to me because of this one poster- they'd coo and coddle and I told her to see her Doctor. How funny what you said showing up at the ER and telling them you got Internet advice from a shopping board.. I mean I've seen great advice come across and then some, well some are Drs. of know it all and that doesn't work when someone says they're having chest pain or can't breath.. I'm sure OP will do the right thing for herself, fatigue is horrible- those of us with fibromyalgia can attest to that...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Back in January I had the same fatigue. I was sleeping almost twenty four seven. Went to the doctor all my blood work was normal. I failed to mention to him an issue I was having.no was in denial that was causing it. Long story short I ended up in the emergency room with emergency surgery and ended up with a nice three month hospital stay plus one more surgery. Go see your doctor.