Esteemed Contributor

I Can Keep Track of My Food Points Now!

I went on E-bay and bought myself a Weight Watchers point calculator and books!

I got a pocket guide which tells me how many points each food is worth, a book called "Meet Your Plan", a book called, "Shift Your Mindset", a book called, "Move More", and a book called, "Eat Better".

I get the basic premise, chose foods that are low in points, stay at or below your daily/weekly point allotment, enter your food points, fat, sugar, etc.

Now I can do that!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Can Keep Track of My Food Points Now!

Don't forget the food pyramid.  Eating from each of the food groups.  It's probably in one of the books.  Calculator helps too.  The key is preparation.  Have everything you need in the house, pack lunches and meal planning.  Good luck on your journey.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2   I had a points calculator and there were books and I believe if you join the online calcuator helps too.

The only issue I had is this all takes time so I got lazy and ate the same thing over and over again because I knew I was "safe" meaning within my points..please don't be like I was.  It takes a lot of time to write down, calculate and it's fun at first and then it wears off, don't let that happen to you.

Good Luck, it's a battle everyday for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't use points, but track my calories, carbs, protein,fat, and more using MyFitnessPal.  Using these tracking apps does keep us "on track"!

I take a week off every few months, usually because I'm traveling or have family visiting....then get back to logging in each day.  It really does help!

Honored Contributor

There's an app for that.   Seriously, it's 2017 and there are WW apps and if you are really a paying member of WW, you have access to the WW website which is great and you track everything there.  A lot of the books out there are dated, old WW stuff and not the current WW program.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

There's an app for that.   Seriously, it's 2017 and there are WW apps and if you are really a paying member of WW, you have access to the WW website which is great and you track everything there.  A lot of the books out there are dated, old WW stuff and not the current WW program.

@chrystaltree

Yeah, there might be an app for that, but I tried WW once in the 1980's, and I got burned by them.

I was a member, and I missed one meeting because I was sick with the flu. THE FLU!

When I went back the following week, I had to re-register.

Excuse me?

Are you freakin kidding me?

Did they REALLY want me there coughing, hacking, and sneezing all over the place?

So I said f this s, and vowed that they would NEVER ever see another dime from me ever again, and to this very day, they haven't, and I plan on keeping it that way.

But this way, I can use the tools, and still keep my vow.

Honored Contributor

Yes there is an app that has only an initial fee of $2.99. itrackbites-plus It mimics weight watchers without the monthly fee. Its pretty darn cool.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Don't forget to buy a food scale! Woman Happy @Plaid Pants2

Honored Contributor

I don't know how WW worked in the 1980s, but I was a member from 1999 until 2015 and I believe you only need to re-register (pay the $20 registration fee) if you miss more than 3 meetings.

It's actually cheaper to re-register than to pay the missed meetings fees which are $14 each or so.

Also, most people do the monthly pass, so you don't really miss a meeting as you are paying monthly.  If you let your montly pass expired, then you have to re-register.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

As much as I have issues with WW and not an Oprah fan, I rejoined. It's the only way I lose weight. I did gain weight back like so many other members but I also knew I was eating out of control. I find it hard to live with 30 points a day. I guess I eat a lot. I don't like when I eat food that I have to get the nutrional data online or create the recipe to get points. But...I have to do it. I miss the community and not really into the connect version. 

Take care!