Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@autumnnj

The only permanent weight loss program I know of is not hypnosis. It is the old fashioned one that has been known for decades. I could describe it, but I think you know it is not an easy/fast program.

If you have money to spare? Give it a go and let others here know a few years down the road. That is the only way we will know if it worked long term.

hckynut(john)

But as you know, John, your "method" never for over fifty years, worked for me.

I truly think that the way to break a long term terrible habit is to attack it from every direction you an find, and focus constantly on self motivation.

As always, best to you and your family!

@violann

Hello to you,

Could tell you many stories about how I helped motivate many into running. It motivated them to start, and from there the fact that running equaled weight loss for them, led to further motivate them. They found the more they ran(not measured in miles), the more they lost. Then the lighter they became the easier it was for them to run, and the faster they could run for a sustained amount of time.

Sure, many need "motivation" to try to do anything that is hard for them, but the word "motivation" is not an "action". Motivation to do, or not do, certain things is a positive. But!!  Without "action", it is just another word that sounds great, but in and of itself accomplishes nothing.

I motivated my wife several times, and when she took "action" she lost weight, but when that faded, she regained the weight, in spite of me still trying to keep her motivated.

For myself and many, a GOAL has to be set to help self motivate oneself, which leads to "actions". Many pay BIG BUCKS to listen to motivational speakers, but without action?

For me personally, without a specific goal, the word "motivate without action" is just another good sounding word.

My best to you and yours,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Thanks, everyone!  Starpolisher, thanks for the info about the YouTube Video think yourself thin, will definitely check it out!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

ive been overweight all my life tried EVERYTHINg  13 yrs ago and had gastric bypass the BEST thing i ever did kept the 100 lbs  but its the full bypass not the sleeve  good luck

Contributor

evedently you do not have a problem to say that some of us dont have your willpower we are all different

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hypnosis-Weight Loss?

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@violann wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@autumnnj

The only permanent weight loss program I know of is not hypnosis. It is the old fashioned one that has been known for decades. I could describe it, but I think you know it is not an easy/fast program.

If you have money to spare? Give it a go and let others here know a few years down the road. That is the only way we will know if it worked long term.

hckynut(john)

But as you know, John, your "method" never for over fifty years, worked for me.

I truly think that the way to break a long term terrible habit is to attack it from every direction you an find, and focus constantly on self motivation.

As always, best to you and your family!

@violann

Hello to you,

Could tell you many stories about how I helped motivate many into running. It motivated them to start, and from there the fact that running equaled weight loss for them, led to further motivate them. They found the more they ran(not measured in miles), the more they lost. Then the lighter they became the easier it was for them to run, and the faster they could run for a sustained amount of time.

Sure, many need "motivation" to try to do anything that is hard for them, but the word "motivation" is not an "action". Motivation to do, or not do, certain things is a positive. But!!  Without "action", it is just another word that sounds great, but in and of itself accomplishes nothing.

I motivated my wife several times, and when she took "action" she lost weight, but when that faded, she regained the weight, in spite of me still trying to keep her motivated.

For myself and many, a GOAL has to be set to help self motivate oneself, which leads to "actions". Many pay BIG BUCKS to listen to motivational speakers, but without action?

For me personally, without a specific goal, the word "motivate without action" is just another good sounding word.

My best to you and yours,

hckynut(john)

John,you are soooo right ,motivation is the key. I gave up smoking in one day,mainly because  it was bothering me to recieve communion daily into the same mouth I recieved Chirst in communion ,every day! (I am or was RC)..I was at a time in my life that I was called by God to be very active in my church and community.it went on for many yrs.(over 35) It bothered me so much, one day I was in my shower and crying to God how I couldn't quit but wanted to.I was up to 3or4 pk daily.couldn't do a thing without lighting up first. I asked God to help me and I heard in my mind,"just don't pick up the next cig."  Well I didn't and have never desired to smoke again in all these yrs.It doesn't bother me when others smoke.I just lost all desire for it  Smiley Happy  That was Gods doing....lol  I know that for sure!  Motivation is the key,you are sooo right!!!!

Sorry this post was for weight loss and not smoking.Please excuse my getting off topic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@zeppysmom wrote:

evedently you do not have a problem to say that some of us dont have your willpower we are all different

@linda 2

I realize you have only visited this forum a couple times, and most of your posts seem to be on the "Beauty and Fashion Forums". But, maybe you are a long time contributor to this forum and changed your "nic" for whatever your reason. That said, my reply to your post will be below?

Exactly who said "some of us don't have your will power"? I know it wasn't me, unless you interpreted something I said to mean willpower. I have said on this very forum, many, many times, that "my wife had the Roux-en-Y surgery in 2008".

She lost over half her body weight and has not gained it back. This has not been problem free for her, but in spite of having many Emergency Surgeries related to her Roux-en-Y, she still says it was the best thing she has done for herself.

I did not want her to have the Roux-en-Y, but I supported her in her decision 100%. Worked with her exercise program both before and after her surgery, and she no longer needs any "rah-rah" from me to keep on keeping on.o

I will add this about myself. In grade and some high school I WAS the FAT KID. Have been on both sides of the weight spectrum. As a 5'8" male, I have weighed from a high of 210# down to 122# when I ran my 2 marathon races(26.2 miles). Wanted to let you know that nothing came easy for me at any time.

Happy you are happy with the results of your Gastric Bypass surgery, and I wish you continued success.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

John,you are soooo right ,motivation is the key. I gave up smoking in one day,mainly because  it was bothering me to recieve communion daily into the same mouth I recieved Chirst in communion ,every day! (I am or was RC)..I was at a time in my life that I was called by God to be very active in my church and community.it went on for many yrs.(over 35) It bothered me so much, one day I was in my shower and crying to God how I couldn't quit but wanted to.I was up to 3or4 pk daily.couldn't do a thing without lighting up first. I asked God to help me and I heard in my mind,"just don't pick up the next cig."  Well I didn't and have never desired to smoke again in all these yrs.It doesn't bother me when others smoke.I just lost all desire for it  Smiley Happy  That was Gods doing....lol  I know that for sure!  Motivation is the key,you are sooo right!!!!

Sorry this post was for weight loss and not smoking.Please excuse my getting off topic.

@MalteseMomma

Not off topic to me as my last 2 or 3 posts have been replies to other posters that mentioned "motivation and willpower", and that certainly is needed for most to quit smoking.

I too was a smoker and I quit cold turkey back in 1967. I am not a real religious person, but all my schooling was attended Catholic schools. I also have a cousin that is a Catholic Priest. I pretty much credit myself for quitting, and it was not real easy.

While I do believe in a higher power, I mean I was at death's door 8 different times, and I am still here to talk about it. Sure my being in top physical shape helped make my survival and recovery much more likely than someone less fit, but my optimism and dedication also played a big roll in my close calls.

I also quit drinking/gambling and became a vegetarian, all by doing it cold turkey. Quit meat/fish and fowl because I was not happy with my cholesterol numbers, of the others, 1 was for health concerns also, and the gambling had more with knowing nothing could keep me doing something I did not want to do. To this day, no raffles no lotteries. When I quit something it is totally, not part way.

Enjoyed reading you story of overcoming your smoking addiction. Each person has to find their own way and motivation. As I said in my other post to "violann", "motivation" is just another word and means nothing unless it is followed up by "an action".

My best to you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@zelda girl wrote:

I stopped smoking through hypnosis in 1992, worked well for me. The man that held the group hypnosis did say that you really have to want to stop anything you are trying hypnosis for. There were people  lighting up in the parking lot as we left the building.

See, It goes back to motivation,  just like our loved John said       Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know people who successfully stopped smoking by using hypnosis but I have never heard of anyone using it successfully for weight loss. 

Honored Contributor

Weight loss is about a lot more than motivation & willpower.