Respected Contributor

Any experiences to share? Thanks to all.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

My brother once had to go through it after a scuba mishap.  It took several hours to get his blood normalized, but he said it was tedious, not painful. He was checked on frequently through an intercom and a viewing window. 

Have you been diving? Not that you have to describe your medical condition, but that's the only familiarity I have with hyperbaric oxygen treatment. I know it's also used for wound care, often for diabetics. 

Here is information about it that is quite detailed. Hope it is helpful.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/about/pac-20394380

Honored Contributor

@granddi 

None for me.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@granddi   Isn't it used to speed healing wounds? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

My diabetic sister-in-law did this years ago.  While she never really shared details about it, she did say it saved her leg.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a registered nurse, used to work in vascular surgery at a major NYC hospital.  We have been using hyperbaric oxygen for over 30 years to assist with wound healing, and have had great success.  

Respected Contributor

My mother got a staph infection from a pedicure and was in danger of losing her toe. She took a series of hyperbaric treatments in conjunction with other treatments that successfully helped heal her wound and saved her toe.

Respected Contributor

@granddi  Although I never used it for my autistic child, a few parents I know used it for their children with autism.  They said they had good results.  Not sure if this is the reason you are inquiring or for something else.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

I am a registered nurse, used to work in vascular surgery at a major NYC hospital.  We have been using hyperbaric oxygen for over 30 years to assist with wound healing, and have had great success.  

I have read about its use in wound healing and recovery from diving accidents. I did not know about autism therapy.

One use that intrigued me was the use of HBO therapy for tinnitus relief and in some cases sensory hearing loss. 

Honored Contributor

Had it for help with an infected knee that went septic.  

Likely saved my leg.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras