Honored Contributor

Re: Hydrogen peroxide in the ear can prevent or lessen severity of viruses?

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters wrote:

I have used it in my ear for wax build-up. I just read an interesting blog that said most viruses enter the body through the ear, and not the nose. I don't think I can post a link to the article because it has advertisements. But it was on Jennie Raincloud dot com. Or maybe google hydrogen peroxide to kill viruses. Not sure if it works but it probably couldn't hurt to try it. Stay healthy everyone!

*************   I'm not saying this is for everyone but I have done it.  Mayo Clinic still has an article up on Ear Cleaning that  gives peroxide as an option for cleaning ears.  I'm not sure what year that was but I think it was 2017.

Each case is different.  I wouldn't do it if I had an ear infection.

I edited this to add where the information came from:

www.mayoclinic.org>diagnosis and treatment-Mayo Clinic

Many doctors used this method (years ago) .  I know our family doctor did as he used it to clean my daughters ear out.  The ear wasn't infected. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hydrogen peroxide in the ear can prevent or lessen severity of viruses?

@jubilant wrote:

@Tribesters wrote:

I have used it in my ear for wax build-up. I just read an interesting blog that said most viruses enter the body through the ear, and not the nose. I don't think I can post a link to the article because it has advertisements. But it was on Jennie Raincloud dot com. Or maybe google hydrogen peroxide to kill viruses. Not sure if it works but it probably couldn't hurt to try it. Stay healthy everyone!

*************   I'm not saying this is for everyone but I have done it.  Mayo Clinic still has an article up on Ear Cleaning that  gives peroxide as an option for cleaning ears.  I'm not sure what year that was but I think it was 2017.

Each case is different.  I wouldn't do it if I had an ear infection.

I edited this to add where the information came from:

www.mayoclinic.org>diagnosis and treatment-Mayo Clinic

Many doctors used this method (years ago) .  I know our family doctor did as he used it to clean my daughters ear out.  The ear wasn't infected. 

Yes, it can be done.

There is one caveat, though.  Don't do it too often as there is a danger of damaging the eardrum due to HP's ability to destroy healthy tissue.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.