Esteemed Contributor

Re: Huge recall of Jif Peanut Butter products

@chickenbutt 

Every store where my wife shops, in our area, have no Jif Peanut Butter on the shelves or in stock. I would assume they did this because all shoppers are not aware of recalls, much less, Lot Numbers.

There are a lot of litigious people out there.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Every store where my wife shops, in our area, have no Jif Peanut Butter on the shelves or in stock. I would assume they did this because all shoppers are not aware of recalls, much less, Lot Numbers.

There are a lot of litigious people out there.

hckynut  🇺🇸

Yeah, it looks like just pulling everything is what is happening.  I think they are just doing it for safety sake.  You know the ol' - better safe than sorry.  Smiley Happy I got an email from my preferred grocery store and they say they've pulled it all.

Just this morning I was in another store, where I purchased just a few things on the regular, and noticed that they had pretty much nothing Jif on the shelf.

Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Thank you for this detailed info I was confused.

I am relieved that my two 48 oz jars are NOT on the

recall list especially since DH and I are halfway thru

one jar.

Honored Contributor

I got an email about this yesterday from my local grocery store.  I was so relieved when I saw mine was fine.  I adore Jif no other brand compares to me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I got an email about this yesterday from my local grocery store.  I was so relieved when I saw mine was fine.  I adore Jif no other brand compares to me.

Glad to hear it!  

I'm with you on Jif.  I'll wait it out.   I love my Jif Creamy and won't purchase anything else.  

I've found Smuckers to be a nice company and they were so helpful when I could no longer find my fav jams - Smuckers Simply Fruit in both the strawberry (for sandwiches w/Jif) and the apricot (I love it on toast w/butter). 

They responded to me in lightening speed and said that the products can be ordered from them, directly, at any time.  I ordered some of the strawberry (I use more of those) and they shipped it to me so quickly my head was spinning.  They even tried to find a retailer selling it, in my area, to no avail.

@beckyb1012  

💖

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

🐈 🐕 They're also alerting pet owners about the Jif recall because it's the preferred brand of many to hide their pets' medications because it doesn't contain xylitol.

https://www.petfoodprocessing.net/articles/15860-fdas-jif-recall-could-impact-pets

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Glad to hear it!  

I'm with you on Jif.  I'll wait it out.   I love my Jif Creamy and won't purchase anything else.  

I've found Smuckers to be a nice company and they were so helpful when I could no longer find my fav jams - Smuckers Simply Fruit in both the strawberry (for sandwiches w/Jif) and the apricot (I love it on toast w/butter). 

They responded to me in lightening speed and said that the products can be ordered from them, directly, at any time.  I ordered some of the strawberry (I use more of those) and they shipped it to me so quickly my head was spinning.  They even tried to find a retailer selling it, in my area, to no avail.

@beckyb1012  

💖

FYI - Our local Sam's Club sold Smucker's Fruit Honey fruit spread. It was Triple Berry. The ingredients were: Fruit Blend (Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries), Honey, Pectin, Citric Acid