Honored Contributor

Re: Huge recall of Jif Peanut Butter products

@chickenbutt 

Hey Chickie, you sweetie!Heart

Just popped in and saw this and DH is an avid Jif fan, he'll eat no other brand, like you!

I checked and we have 3 on this list, the latest one he bought this past Thursday.

Like you, he always has to have some in reserve, LOL! Thanks for the heads up!

XOXO!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Just popped in and saw this and DH is an avid Jif fan, he'll eat no other brand, like you!

I checked and we have 3 on this list, the latest one he bought this past Thursday.

XOXO!

Hey Baby!   Been missin' ya and hope all's well.   Whew!  Glad you found them.  Don't need that, amirite?  Smiley Wink

@KingstonsMom  💖

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@chickenbutt  Thanks. I think I have some Jif, but it's not new. I'll have to check.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Do check, because I have one in my pantry that was opened weeks ago maybe, but it's on the list.

According to the FDA, it took awhile before the salmonella poisonings started showing up on their radar.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didnt we go through the same thing several years ago?  Con Agra was the manufacturer then.

People on NextDoor are reporting finding Jif in their cabinets several months old with the listed serial numbers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@chickenbutt 

XOXO!

Hey Baby!   Been missin' ya and hope all's well.   Whew!  Glad you found them.  Don't need that, amirite?  Smiley Wink

@KingstonsMom  💖

@chickenbutt 

You know that's right, you know DH's issues!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting!  The only jar we have (and have eaten from) is on the list!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Yeah, I simply cannot be without my Jif Creamy.  Smiley Happy    Now I guess I'll have to until I go to the store next week.   

I hope they will trade it out for me but I guess I will understand if they won't.  They are a pretty good bunch, though, so I'll be surprised if they don't.    It's not that much money, but it all adds up!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt I'm like you!  I can't do without my Jif only mine is extra crunchy.  Like me!  But hey, we still get along so why can't everyone?  Woman Very HappyHeart

I just checked and the mega jar is ok!  Do you like to eat it on apple slices?  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Didnt we go through the same thing several years ago?

I don't recall anything, in terms of this brand as I've used it for ages.  But ya can't depend on my memory so who knows!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Yeah, I simply cannot be without my Jif Creamy.  Smiley Happy    Now I guess I'll have to until I go to the store next week.   

I hope they will trade it out for me but I guess I will understand if they won't.  They are a pretty good bunch, though, so I'll be surprised if they don't.    It's not that much money, but it all adds up!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt I'm like you!  I can't do without my Jif only mine is extra crunchy.  Like me!  But hey, we still get along so why can't everyone?  Woman Very HappyHeart

I just checked and the mega jar is ok!  Do you like to eat it on apple slices?  Heart

Oh, I do like pb on apple slices!   I like it on a spoon, too!  Smiley Very Happy  

I also love my pb and Smucker's Simply Fruit Strawberry sandwiches.

Good on celery, too.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@chickenbutt  Thanks. I think I have some Jif, but it's not new. I'll have to check.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Do check, because I have one in my pantry that was opened weeks ago maybe, but it's on the list.

According to the FDA, it took awhile before the salmonella poisonings started showing up on their radar.

@KingstonsMom  Checked and it was ok.