Honored Contributor

Huge recall of Jif Peanut Butter products

FDA warns consumers to not eat certain Jif peanut butter because of Salmonella outbreak | Food Safet...

I love Jif Creamy so I had to check mine.  I just finished one that was (whew!) not on the list. 

But my extra (I always keep one full one on hand) is on the list.  Bummer!  Going to take it to Raley's to see if I can exchange it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Huge recall of Jif Peanut Butter products

[ Edited ]

We are a Skippy family ,so, I guess I am safe for now! I will have to tell my brother and his family  who are Jif peanut butter lovers!

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt thank you!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I simply cannot be without my Jif Creamy.  Smiley Happy    Now I guess I'll have to until I go to the store next week.   

I hope they will trade it out for me but I guess I will understand if they won't.  They are a pretty good bunch, though, so I'll be surprised if they don't.    It's not that much money, but it all adds up!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  Thanks. I think I have some Jif, but it's not new. I'll have to check.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@chickenbutt  Thanks. I think I have some Jif, but it's not new. I'll have to check.

What surprised me is that the one I have, that's on the list,  I purchased a few months ago!    That was surprising, as I would figure this sort of thing would have come up before now.  

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt  print out the recall notice and show them,  they will take it back with no problems. 

Honored Contributor

I don't eat peanut butter but have posted this to my Facebook page. Thanks for posting it @chickenbutt   

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

@chickenbutt  print out the recall notice and show them,  they will take it back with no problems. 

Thanks!  That's what I was thinking.  But what I did was to take a picture of the part of the page showing the numbers.  Maybe I should print the whole thing.  I saved the page.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @chickenbutt .  Just checked our 3 jars of Simply Jiff creamy and none were on the list.  Whew!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett