Honored Contributor

Re: Huge Ground Beef Recall. Possible E. Coli.

[ Edited ]

@781Florist @There is a way to prove whether your infection is related but hospitals rarely test for this. If your E. coli is a genetic match to the E. coli found in the recalled beef then you could prove it is from the same source. The thing is, we humans have strains of E. coli that live in us, just as other animals do. Hospitals usually just do a rudimentary test for the presence of Ecoli, unless there is a death or the CDC is working with a hospital in the investigation of an outbreak of illnesses.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  I am feeling about 100% lighter today! My test results came back and they were negative for carcinoma.  This coupled with my "normal" prostate result has me dealing with just a bacterial infection, which while not something I would order on the Q is certainly preferable to the other stuff!  I ended up tossing the hamburg, and I appreciate all the good advice.  Thank you.

Valued Contributor

I hardly eat any meat, .. now I know *one* of the reasons why!

When a product is recalled, (like this meat), doesnt the particular, "meat selling, grocery store" have to reimburse the cost of the "tainted meat" to the customer???  

.. If not, WHY NOT??  ... NOT FAIR!!!     

...It should NOT be up to the Customer to "EAT the cost!!"  ..  (excuse the pun) .. after all, why wasnt it caught by Gov't INSPECTORS??  ..(which prior admins have CUT, by "forcing 'no man's land, (K.C.)' relocation of USDA employees!)???

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .