Trusted Contributor

Re: Howard Stern has Lyme Disease ... see what he says about it

I live in New York and had lyme 15 years ago. Fortunately, I saw the tick on my foot several weeks earlier so when I began getting sick which was quickly I went to one of the top Lyme doctors in the Northeast and was treated with antibiotics immediately. I was on them for two months. I have been fine ever since. Unfortunately, many people don't see the tick and don't become symptomatic until its too late. Daryl was very sick for a long time. He lived up state NY, in the country on acres of property with grass, deer etc. I believe he has been doing well for a very long time now. The average doctor doesn't know how to treat it properly. I had gotten very sick and my husband brought me to the Emergency Room. We have some of the best hospitals in the world here and it never crossed their mind that it was Lyme. It wasn't until I told a friend what was going on that she told me it sounded like Lyme (she had it at the time) and gave me the name of the Lyme expert in our area. I'm one of the lucky ones and I never walk in the grass without sneakers & socks on even if its in the middle of the summer. My husband does the same. If he is tinkering in the yard he puts long pants, long sleeve shirt, socks and boots - so do all the landscapers. I live in tick country.

Trusted Contributor

I just wanted to add that I'm not surprised that Alec Baldwin has it. He has a home in The Hamptons. Its on the beach, lots of grass, deer etc. Everyone I know who has a summer home in The Hamptons, at lease one family member, has been infected with Lyme.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 2/13/2015 dooBdoo said:

You're welcome, <em>Ford</em>.

I don't think the topic line is a problem -- we're all human, right?{#emotions_dlg.wub} But if it bothers you, why not just send an email to the moderators and ask them to modify the subject line rather than scrapping the whole thread?

(You can use "Send an Email" at the bottom of the page or just mail directly to the address they've posted here before: Social.Team@qvc.com . eta: I see there's a phone number at the bottom of the page, too.)<br />

I am sorry to get annoyed easily about this topic. It is very serious to me.

Please, don't apologize, my friend. Many of us know and understand. If the title is bothersome to you, see if it can be modified, but otherwise I hope you'll try to let it roll off "like water on a duck's feathers." You do all of us a service by bringing attention and awareness to these important issues.

(((cyber hugs)))

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 K9buddy said: Howard Stern doesn't have Lyme disease, Daryl Hall does!

Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 2/13/2015 K9buddy said: Howard Stern doesn't have Lyme disease, Daryl Hall does!

Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Yes . . . and his wife and stepkids too. Apparently they live in the wilderness where the deer roam.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Danielle46 said:

I just wanted to add that I'm not surprised that Alec Baldwin has it. He has a home in The Hamptons. Its on the beach, lots of grass, deer etc. Everyone I know who has a summer home in The Hamptons, at lease one family member, has been infected with Lyme.

The Hamptons are infected and it was stated that physicians treat 100 patients each week for Lyme.

Its on the internet and I could not post the web site address since one of the words are not acceptable here.

Here is a link that explains all about this epidemic in the Hamptons...

http://sagharboronline.com/sagharborexpress/tag/lyme-disease

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 2/13/2015 Danielle46 said:

The Hamptons are infected and it was stated that physicians treat 100 patients each week for Lyme.

Its on the internet and I could not post the web site address since one of the words are not acceptable here.

Here is a link that explains all about this epidemic in the Hamptons...

http://sagharboronline.com/sagharborexpress/tag/lyme-disease

Made link workable.

Much good information. Thank you, I am forwarding to my daughter.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 pistolino said:

IMO, Howard Stern is a hypochondriac anyway, he thinks he has everything.

I totally agree. He's not exactly a model victim of this disease, as, say, Michael Fox is for Parkinson's. If anything, he'll make people turn the other way.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 LipstickDiva said:

Look at what Lyme disease is doing to Yolanda Foster. She is on real housewives of Beverly Hills and is married to David Foster.

It is devastating to her.

I immediately thought of Yolanda when I read the title of the thread. She seemed to be doing better for awhile there, but now it sounds like the relapse is awful. I really hope the new treatment helps her.

One of my daughter's co-workers (a woman probably around 50) was just diagnosed a few days ago. She's not been feeling for two years, but couldn't figure out what was going on. She's glad to at least have a diagnosis so they can treat it now. She lives around horses and they think she was bitten by a tick.

Super Contributor

I contracted Lyme disease 8 years ago. It is a very painful and debilitating disease. Joints are painful and some days I did not care if I lived or died. I kicked it with medication after some time. I have a house in the woods where the deer roam. Hope that is the end of it. I watched a documentary where doctors do not take it at all seriously. I kicked it with a recipe from WEBMD. High doses of salt pills and vitamin C. I believed tha'ts what did it.