Honored Contributor

Howard Stern has Lyme Disease ... see what he says about it

He called it "the new plague" similar to the AIDS epidemic. As some of you may know, my daughter is fighting a losing battle with this disease that the medical community still won't recognize, doctors won't treat beyond several weeks, and insurers won't pay.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/26397-new-yorkers-call-lyme-disease-the-new-plague#

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Re: Howard Stern has Lyme Disease ... see what he says about it

Stern interviewed Daryl Hall a few years back who does have the disease. I will read the article but I don't think Howard does??

From the above noted article: "It's a plague! It really is," asserted Howard Stern in an interview with Daryl Hall, who suffers from Lyme disease along with his wife and two step-children."

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Luv_My_Beagle said:

Stern interviewed Daryl Hall a few years back who does have the disease. I will read the article but I don't think Howard does??

From the above noted article: "It's a plague! It really is," asserted Howard Stern in an interview with Daryl Hall, who suffers from Lyme disease along with his wife and two step-children."

Hmm, it reads as though HS has it, but I will re-read. No matter, the article tells the truth.

I re-read that it's Daryl Hall and his family members who have it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

IMO, Howard Stern is a hypochondriac anyway, he thinks he has everything.

Trusted Contributor

Howard Stern doesn't have Lyme disease, Daryl Hall does!
Respected Contributor

Thank goodness, we have people willing to speak up about chronic Lyme disease. This disease does not just end for some people after a short course of antibiotics. From everything I have learned from a close friend unable to work now from the devastation of the disease, she treats each symptom separately. But it is bad enough dealing with the disease itself only to be disregarded as a hypochondriac by a lot of the medical community.
Respected Contributor

Alec Baldwin also suffers from Chronic Lyme Disease. I still wonder if insurance companies prefer to keep it as saying there is no such disease as chronic lyme's because they don't want to pay for further, ongoing treatment.
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 pistolino said:

IMO, Howard Stern is a hypochondriac anyway, he thinks he has everything.

ITA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

This came through on a newsfeed to my FB page because it refers to Lyme. I don't watch Howard Stern.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

OP can you change the title of this thread since it's incorrect? Otherwise, it really should be poofed.