Valued Contributor

Re: How to get back into “ The exercise Mode” again?

As I have grown into a human sloth and love bad food, I decided it was time to find out if the Cubii JR2 could help me reactivate part of my body for health reasons.  This summer I bought one (thought about it for 2 years first, not an impulse purchase exactly.) It's great because I can move my lower self and stay sitting at the same time. I can read, talk/text on phone, watch stuff on TV and the time slips away. It must be doing something because when I stand up my legs feel like I've been exercising.

I loved the eliptical machine at the phys therapy place I went to last year after finding out my pain was caused by arthritis in hip  and knee arthritis plus torn miniscus. The Cubii is a mini-eliptical and kind of fun. Sounds weird, right? It's exercise equipment for lazy people. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Asking myself that question too. I don't mind walking if the weather conditions are perfect - a rare occurrence. Last winter I did an inside walk video, but hurt my foot doing it.

Hi @AuntG,

Got a kick out of your comment "perfect weather conditions". I didn't think there was one. 

What kind of injury did you get on your foot from that "walk video"? Were you walking on a Treadmill maybe? Hopefully it has healed and you are walking freely once again. I mean, just to get from place to place, not as an exercise.

Be well,

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 100% my fault. I simply won't wear supportive shoes inside my house (I even walk barefoot outside sometimes).  When I was doing one of those two mile walk videos without cushioned footwear, my arches bothered me something awful. Should add that my nurse practitioner wants me to drop 40 pounds, so the extra weight is a problem too. I just watched the weather forecast and we'll have that perfect weather six days in a row, so I'll lace up my walking shoes and walk twice a day!

Esteemed Contributor

@laluzdelmundo, I have the Cubi also and love it. I'm doing l0,000 steps a day. It's really not a "lazy" person's exercise. You can get a good cardio if you seriously increase tension and move. I wouldn't do w/o my Cubi. Shop/HQ has electric ones for "lazy" people. Smiley Happy

I also have the Vibration Platform w/stretch bands and a treadmill. 

The OP has lost "motivation.: That happens to me maybe annually. What I do is just stop. Everything. Then, I gain about 5 pounds and feel lousy. I tell myself, I'll just start with a little today, and then I seem to begin again to get rid of that 5 pounds and feel some energy.

Exercise is the most necessary thing as you age. If you stop moving, and become a couch potato, game over. I heard Dr. Phil talking about the "fraility" gene. If you're over 70 and not active at all, the "fraility" gene takes over. You get hunched over and start shuffling around. And once fraility is there, it's almost impossible to get rid of. Smiley Happy