Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you shower?

[ Edited ]

Every day! If I am out walking in the heat and humidity or doing gardening then twice a day.I guess whatever you feel is right for you. My friends say they shower every other day because they don't want to dry their body out?? Whatever...

Happy Birthday America

Honored Contributor

I shower at least once daily. Do not like a bath.

Valued Contributor

Daily. Do not feel clean otherwise.

Trusted Contributor

If I need a shower, I take one.  Meaning, if I were to feel dirty or sweaty or got caught out in the rain, I would shower.  Regardless of  already showering that day. And I wouldn't go to bed feeling dirty, unless it was "one of those days".

With all that said, I shower every other to every third day.  I take a bird bath on the days I don't shower.  At least that's how I have been since I have been working from home.

I don't seem to get very dirty just being in the house.  I also wear the same clothes more than once before washing.  When I worked outside the home and commuted, I would shower every day and wash my hair almost everyday. 

Now I am just homebody and it doesn't make a lot of sense to shower everyday.  However, it does feel good to take a bath and put on fresh jammies with new linens on the bed.  So there's that side of me, too.  

Super Contributor

Take 1 full shower and then 2-3 quick showers most days...

Honored Contributor

Mostly every other day unless I'm out getting hot and sweaty.  I only shampoo once a week, but use a cleansing conditoner on the other days.  I can't shower without wetting my hair.

Very hard water makes it difficult to only use a drop of soaps, no lather.  When I shampoo, I don't use a lot of shampoo, but do repeat and get a better lather.

I remember when I was a child, we got once a week baths unless we got really dirty.  When I was in the 5th grade we built a house and the bathrooms had showers and I never looked back.  Can't stand a bath.....or cool water.  Not giving up my warm showers.  I can use lotion.  

Honored Contributor

I begin every day with my shower and hair washing.  I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't!  Been doing it for as long as I can remember.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only shower. I haven't taken a bath in years...I just feel like I am sitting in dirty water. Yuck. I feel clean when I shower. We also have hard water, so I need to use a decent amount of shampoo to get any sort of lather and enough to clean my hair. My hair is still very oily, even at my age, so I could never go a whole week without shampooing. Can you imagine using just a drop of shampoo if you bought those huge jugs of WEN? One would last you for years!

Honored Contributor

Shower and wash my hair every other day unless it's unusually hot.  Used to do it every day but my skin got very dry and itchy.

Trusted Contributor

Although I don't do much to get sweaty or dirty, I always shower and wash hair daily. I just wouldn't feel right otherwise 🤷‍♀️.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt