Honored Contributor

How often do you "Get Sick"?

I just wondered how often you come down with  some kind of bug?   I never/ rarely do.

I have not had a cold or anything since 2013. That was when I retired from my retail sales job.

I might catch a cold once a year back when working with the public.  Now that I am not  out much with people  anymore,  I stay well all the time.  With the pandemic protocals and being even more careful about hand washing and wearing a mask, it is even better for staying well.

I do think it is also helps to have  healthy lifestyle and healthy immune system. 

Of course, Covid 19 is not what I am talking about as that can take you regardless of being careful, sadly. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: How often do you "Get Sick"?

I never get sick.  I haven't had a cold in over 25 years!  

Contributor

With this past year working from home and social distancing, I even't had my normal yearly sinus infection that would normally knock me out for a few days. But besides a yearly sinus infection, knock on wood, I don't really get sick.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had a cold in years, and none since I retired. I can' remember when I had the flu , but it was before I started working. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I never get sick.  I haven't had a cold in over 25 years!  

Same with me. I never get sick; haven't taken the flu show in over 20 years, and rarely even get the sniffles. I try my best to keep my immune system strong. Do take quite a few Lessman supplements. My doctor always tells me he can't believe I am so healthy because he knows I do like to indulge with chocolate.....in any form. Smiley Happy  And frequently tells me I am in better health than the majority of his patients who are half my age.

Knock on wood.

Honored Contributor

I don't. I haven't gotten a cold or the flu since I got my first fllu shot when first available many eons ago! and I'm 73.

Honored Contributor

I'm rarely sick.  Never had the flu.  I get a cold every few years, the last one was last year coming back from my ski trip shortly before the shutdown.  It only lasted a couple of days.  I sometimes will feel like I'm coming down with something, but the next day I'm fine.  I don't take any extraordinary measures as far a cleanliness goes.  I don't wash my hands more often, and I don't get the flu shot.  My doctor even commented at my last physical that I should keep doing whatever I'm doing as it seems to be why he never sees me.  

Honored Contributor

I can't remember when I was sick. Even when I was working in a hospital I never got sick. That was almost twenty years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not very often. I have migraines often and allergies sometimes,but as far as getting sick with a cold or flu I'm guessing maybe once every few years or two. Most of you have me beat.

Esteemed Contributor

My sinuses bug me a little now and then, but sick, it's been 18 or 20 years.  I had pneumonia.

I don't eat healthy and the last vitamins I took were pre-natal, 48 years ago.