Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you "Get Sick"?

I typically get a cold once a year but I didn't this year.  

I haven't had the flu, ever and I don't typically get a stomach bug, bronchitis, respiratory infections, etc. 

I do work in a small office that is always closed up so if someone gets sick here with a cold or something, it's not out of the ordinary for it to travel through the office.       

Honored Contributor

Rarely, I practically never get sick.  I had what might have been a 24 hour stomach bug a couple of weeks ago but it could also have been food poisoning.  I ate some macaroni salad that had mayo in it, it was a week old.   I don't get colds and things like that.  I think because I take a multivitamin and vitamin D supplements and I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.  I also get a solid 7 to 8 hours of sleep and I get a flu shot and a pneumonia shot every year.  I don't exercise as much as I would like but I live a healthy lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I haven't had a cold in years, and none since I retired. I can' remember when I had the flu , but it was before I started working.

That's because you're away from all those people at work, you aren't picking up stuff from them.

Esteemed Contributor

Extremely rare for me! I can count on 1 hand the times I've really been under.

Like many of you, a good, healthy diet, a good walk (no matter the weather), a forgiving spirit, balance, and graciousness from above!

Honored Contributor

Rarely ever, and I only take Vit B12 and Vit D due to low levels; no other supplements.

Honored Contributor

Since childhood, every fall I got bronchitis triggered by fall allergies, even with weekly allergy shots.  With better allergy care, it only happens every 3 - 4 years.  Since Pneumonia Vax, and Prevnar 13 no progression to pneumonia.

No big deal to anyone else, but the last bout of pneumonia did a number on my ability to sing.  I make up songs, and sing everything, all the time, but no longer in groups, or in public.  😕

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

maybe a start of a cold every few winters, but I get a flu shot and never had the flu since getting it for nearly 30 years.  I TRY to eat fairly healthy, and take B12 and a multi vitamin.  I try to sleep 7 hours a night but occasionally get 5-6, and I’m feeling off for a few days, but not sick.  I want and need my 7 hours a night.  

Trusted Contributor

When I was teaching, I got sick a lot.  Bronchitis, colds, you name it.  Now that I have retired, no bronchitis, no colds, no flu, or anything like that.  I just have the chronic problems----lower back pain, diabetes, etc.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta