Honored Contributor

Re: How much will the "NEW" Weight Watchers let me do my own thing?

Thanks to all of you!! 

As Oprah pointed out, those of us who have struggled for decades sometimes come to the realization that there are truths, rules, and exceptions.

My health profiles have not been as strong as they are now in at least 30 years, and I've maintained my loss for a year and a half, a record for me. 

There te is a WW Center near me, so I will check there.

Thanks again to all who posted, and hoping your dreams and plans of better health become realities!

Honored Contributor

@violann, may I ask what that one meal a day usually consist of.  It must be extremely high calorie if you still have weight concerns.

I agree with others that you might not want to join WW.  They stress at least 3 meals a day more than anything in order to keep the body nourished.  One meal a day of fattening food is not healthy for most people.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I eat a late good breakfast which is 12 Smart Points every day. About 3:00 I eat a filling vegetable such as spinach, or yellow squash. My late evening meal then is a good dinner using my remaining 19 points. This works well for me. 

Honored Contributor

My eating schedule is based on a few different theories. The idea of one meal/day has roots in the concept of fasting/intermittent fasting, which has been shown to normalize hypertension and hyper insulinism.

My food choices are all identified as addressing the same concerns, basically green leafy vegetables, other low carb vegetables, nuts, egg whites and whole eggs, and low carb fruits (berries, green apples, grapefruit).

My original intention was reducing medications for pre-hypertension and pre-hyper insulinism, so I added Hibiscus and Green Tea.

I take no medications scepter Armour Thyroid at present.

I would like to lose an additional ten pounds as sort of a safety net, but as long as I'm successful with maintaining my previous loss, I'm not obsessed to do so.

My medical doctors have all had input in my situation, amd all heartily approve. 

IMO, it is most likely best to be a "moderation in all things including moderation" but with a record of numerous past failures with controlling my weight, I'm really happy to do what I do. I had HUGE problems with craving/binge eating, and these have improved drastically since I've been doing what I do.

I love the idea of the fellowship aspect of WW, but in fact, it may just not be for me.

Still very appreciative to read so much information!! 

Honored Contributor

@violann

Your plan is very much in line with the Primal Blueprint.  You might want to consider the 21 day plan that starts around this time if you're looking for a little push.  

Im a lifetime WW since 1999 and have moved ovrr to Primal Blueprint and ive never felt better.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I seriously considered WW years ago, and finally didn't  join .....  I was shocked at the amount of sugars and simple carbs in the meals.    It just seemed so wrong.

Honored Contributor

Members of WW can easily design meals as they desire, as long as you track and stay within points. The higher carb and sugar foods are going to be more points. As far as the Smart Ones which are WW brand of frozen foods they are entirely optional, and for convenience. I do not use them, and none of my WW leaders have ever pushed them. WW recommends that their members eat Power Foods, which are "real foods." 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I seriously considered WW years ago, and finally didn't  join .....  I was shocked at the amount of sugars and simple carbs in the meals.    It just seemed so wrong.

That isn't true at all.  Especially now that the high sugar foods are really high in points, but fruits and veggies are free.  That really discourages you from eating sugars and encourages you to eat more fruits and veggies.  They want you to be able to eat like everyone else and still lose.  Yes, they allow those foods, but they encourage healthy eating.  They want you to have a program you can live with.  That's why you choose what YOU want to eat.  They don't tell you what to eat, but they nudge you in the right direction.  That's what is so great about it.

You can eat a piece of pie on Christmas and not feel like you blew the diet. You can eat pie if you want to AND stay on plan. How great is that?  Other diets if I ate a piece of pie I would have thought I blew it and would quit the diet.  With WW, you can work it in occasionally and not feel guilty.

Who would stay on a plan if they told you to begin with "you can never ever have that ___________ again".  You wouldn't want to do that plan, right?

WW has an awesome plan right now.

Honored Contributor

Well said and oh so true MIMA. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If you want to do your own thing there are many sites that are free that will let you do that.  Have you taken a look, they all let you log your foods and activities