Honored Contributor

Re: How many meals a day do you eat?

I eat 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner, and no in between meals snacks. 

Honored Contributor

Most days I have a small meal around 11 a.m. and a larger meal around 3:30.  I rarely eat anything after 5 p.m.  

Trusted Contributor

I have tried every conceivable "eating plan" over the years and have finally found one that suits me.  I eat 2 meals a day and do IF between 8 a.m.-3 p.m.  I do this to reduce inflammation, reduce insulin spikes, maintain my weight, and keep my gut healthy.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

2 meals.  I am trying so hard not to snack, but I'm having a really difficult time of it!  When I worked I would not eat breakfast, only have coffee and a protein bar at work.  Then I would have no real lunch.  I would have a yogurt at about 3:00 and then my dinner at about 5:30.  This really worked well for me and I kept my weight steady.  Now that I'm retired, I want to eat all the time and have gained some weight and can't seem to control myself!!!!  I wish I could come up with a plan that I would be happy with and I could stick to!  I don't believe that a set number of meals works for everyone.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One meal, dinner. The rest of the day I eat snacks including a smoothie. I guess you could call my snacks and smoothie meals. My snacks include yogurt. Sometimes I eat a sandwich for lunch, tuna or peanut butter. I don't have rules. I eat when I feel hunger. My big downfall, calorie wise, is that plain water hurts my stomach if I drink it in the evening, any time after eating dinner; so if I get thirsty at night I have to drink a beverage that doesn't hurt my stomach or come back up (I have reflux). This is usually milk. Too many calories doing things this way, but I'd rather have the extra calories than have my stomach bother me. Strangest thing is that plain water does not bother me in the daytime at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How funny. I asked this same question a few months ago and everyone answered three meals a day! 

Here's the thread to compare. https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Does-anyone-here-actually-eat-three-meals-a-day/m-p/5464...

Honored Contributor

Breakfast & dinner with some fruit or a smoothie in the afternoon.

I don't eat right when I get up. It's generally closer to 10 or after. I'm not hungry when I get up.

On the weekends when DH is here we have to eat ASAP. He always acts like he's starving. He cannot do anything without drinking some coffee first. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

One square meal.  BUT... I graze throughout the day.  I'm also the kind of person who will make a meal of One thing.  Usually a veggie or fruit.  Had Watermelon for lunch yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

How funny. I asked this same question a few months ago and everyone answered three meals a day! 

Here's the thread to compare. https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Does-anyone-here-actually-eat-three-meals-a-day/m-p/5464...

You're not correct, @Mindy D.  Many people on that thread stated they didn't eat three meals a day.

Honored Contributor

I intentionally fast 7pm - noon or so everyday.  I’ll have lunch and a dinner within my eating window and usually finish the day with some macadamia nuts.  Depending on my choices on a given day, once in a great while I’ll have a little bit of Rebel ice cream.