Respected Contributor

Re: How many meals a day do you eat?

Usually two or three - depends on the day.  It's noon where I live and I haven't eaten yet.

Honored Contributor

Usually only one what I consider to be a full meal.  The two other light meals.

Some days it's breakfast, some days lunch, some days dinner.  

For instance, I just had coffee this morning - then an english muffin with herring and sour cream about 11 am.  Supper anytime between 6 and 8 pm

I have coffee breaks during the day.

Honored Contributor

I probably have the oddest eating pattern of most people... I have been eatting this way for going on 30 years... Only one food meal a day.  It just works for me.

All day I only drink Almond milk  warmed up sweetened with stevia... sometimes  I add beet root powder or unsweetened coco to it... I take a lot of supplements and herbs thoughtout the day too.... that is my FOOD during the day.

At night I eat usually a salad with a portion of salmon, chicken or vegetable protein. I do ike cottage cheese too.....  I will have a high fiber crackers or some low carb healthy bread that I bake.  Sometimes I have steamed vegetables inplace of the salad... maybe an apple.  Thats it.

I do enjoy my dinner.. I am pretty hungry by dinner time.  I do not eat after about 5:30 PM. 

Honored Contributor

Two at the most.  We do not eat breakfast...just coffee when we get up.

If we are working, we do have lunch (eat out).  Depending on what we had for lunch will dictate what we do for dinner.  Sometimes if we had a big lunch we might just have cheese/crackers for dinner.  We have never been big eaters.

And if I have worked a full day, I am not cooking a big meal.

Weekends are diferent..we usually try to eat out on Saturday night or Sunday after church, which is usually a larger meal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

@FlowerBear 

Is there a cookbook you'd recommend for a clean food diet?  

If you can get YouTube, there's loads on there about that way of eating.  

Try Amazon to see if they have any books on it, if your library doesn't.  

Thank you all for responding.  I feel so much better now.  I felt guilty for not wanting  to eat 3 but it just is too much.  He can tend to himself, and I think I'll feel better  too.  Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

2 meals, 1 snack.

Respected Contributor

One meal mid day, handful of nuts or carrots in the evening.

Honored Contributor

3, but some days I skip breakfast...not intintionally, but once I start working I get so busy I don't stop long enough to to grab something.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I eat three times a day but most would not be what I classify as a meal. Yogurt or toast for breakfast, a normal lunch and maybe half a sandwich and fruit or something light for dinner. I don't like to go to bed with my stomach growling. 

Wow, this sounds just like me.  Sometimes only twice but often three times a day but never a big bunch of food.   I thought I was the only person who eats a half a sandwich!  Smiley Happy  Half a sandwich and maybe some cherries or canteloupe or other fruit, or even a carrot, makes a full dinner for me.

I also don't eat early in the morning or after about 7:15pm.  Sometimes I do forget to eat as I have times where I just don't want to, anymore.   

I always wonder why a lot of people seem to eat late at night.   Then what?  You have to do your teeth-cleaning regime all over or do they just let it go?  So many questions.  Smiley Very Happy   But, seriously, I don't see any benefit to eating late at night unless you have an opposite type schedule (maybe work all night, instead of in the day time hours?).

I eat breakfast somewhere between 11am and not at all, then lunch btwn 2:30 and 3:30, then dinner around 7pm.   None of those are what one might consider 'meals', per se, as it's usually one or two things.   I go to bed btwn 10:30 and 11pm, as a rule. 

That's what works for me and, of course, YMMV.  Nothing wrong w/that.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

two actual meals and then a very light dinner, sometimes like a snack. some snacks during the day.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller