Honored Contributor

Re: How hot is too hot for you to go on a walk?

If you're walking a dog, you need to be aware of the heat of the pavement. It can get too hot for doggie paws.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 6/23/2014 kachina624 said: If you're walking a dog, you need to be aware of the heat of the pavement. It can get too hot for doggie paws.

He walks a lot on the grass.

He's just smarter than I am about over exertion.

Esteemed Contributor

Mid 90s and high humidity is getting too hot for anything but a short walk. Anything in the 80s or below ( I don't mean freezing temps) feels great for a walk to me.

Respected Contributor

I normally walk for an hour, if it is really hot and humid I will walk less, 30 minutes or so and then catch up on the exercise bike at night or something.

Honored Contributor

God, you people must be so healthy!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

~~

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I like to walk at dawn when it's still cool.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/23/2014 Ford1224 said:

God, you people must be so healthy!!

LOL - I am thinking the same thing, as I sit at my computer. LOL again.

I must admit though, I walk on the treadmill and watch TV. It's not really all that boring in an A/C house.

Right now, in sunny south florida, it's 78 with a humidity of 80%... We had had rain every single day since forever and it's fixin' to rain again any second.

Respected Contributor

I get so mad when I see people out in hot weather with their dogs. Either walking, running or on a bike with the dog having to keep up. The pavement is HOT. They have no protection for the dog's paws, no obvious water bottles. The dogs are panting up a storm and look ready to drop. Talk about abuse! I don't care if they want their exercise, they need to leave the dogs at home.

Honored Contributor

I prefer my outdoor walks to be in the cool hours of morning or evening.

If I'm not able to manage that, I head over to the local air conditioned mall and power walk from end to end a few times.

One good thing is that if you want to rest, there are benches here and there .... and rest rooms and a food court for a Diet Pepsi.

I am actually preferring mall walking in the summer months. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}