Honored Contributor

Re: How do you lose belly weight?

@adamlambert wrote:

dedication and consistency!  There are no miracle pills, foods or supplements. Know your calorie requirement.  I get a bodpod assessment done periodically and it's the most highly reliable method, free on military bases. 

Eat at at a calorie deficit and exercise. 

It's not menopause, it's not moving. 

I've lost over 60 pounds, menopausal and lift heavy weights for my osteoporosis. It may not be fast but it works!  I look the best I have in 40 years. I still have more fat than I would like in my upper arms, but increased my lifting for arms. It will come off. 

instagram is full of trainers with excellent tips. Groups for all ages. 

Congrats, @adamlambert!

Good for you.  And you're right on point.

Working as a trainer, I can't tell you how many people just haven't got a clue how it works and how much effort it really takes.  People want instant results and they want miracles.

The clients I work with who get the results are those who keep working the program, both in the gym and out of it.   One of my favorites is a 62 year old grandmother who is marvelling at how much stronger she is after being dedicated for a year now, and just beamed as she told me stories of playing with her new granddaughter in a recent visit.  AND she is a runner who is back at it after having been sidelined with an injury.

I love when people see progress and I love working with those who put all they've got into it!