Honored Contributor

How Are You're Hands Holding Up

With all this hand sanitizer use, mine are so dry.  Just when I thought they were recovered from the winter, now the skin (esp around the cuticules) are so dry the skin on my fingertips is peeling off.,

Honored Contributor

Re: How Are You're Hands Holding Up

Quite dry.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beekman 1802 soap, whipped body creme, liquid soap, hand salve, all will solve your hand issues.  Made with goat milk, so creamy and very kind to your skin. Order them right here at QVC, or on HSN.  Fantastic products.  It will not make your hands chapped from the hand sanitizer, in fact, it will heal them. Many scents to pick from, or they also make an unscented called Pure, in all their products.  It is a "clean" company, so no junk in their products.

They have a TSV coming on April 4th, and usually they have really good deals on their other products at the same time.

Respected Contributor

Several months ago, Costco had a sale on Egyptian Magic and I bought it and love it. I bought 3 of them. It is greasy when it first goes on but I have to say my hands are not that bad. I have been using it a lot, keep at my desk in my home office and at night. Otherwise I would try Vaseline. I have Beekman Hand salve also that is very good. I can't stand dry skin. I will have to look at what I have in my stash. 

Super Contributor

Vasoline is terrible for your skin.  It is a waste product from the petrolium companies, it's just junk.  It sits on top of your skin until it rubs off.  It's doesn't penetrate in, so you keep putting on more and more, and still no benefit. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

With all this hand sanitizer use, mine are so dry.  Just when I thought they were recovered from the winter, now the skin (esp around the cuticules) are so dry the skin on my fingertips is peeling off.,

Why would you be using it constantly if you are not leaving your home? 

Respected Contributor

@JesssMe  Goat milk soap is not strong enough to kill these germs. If you use a soap like Dial you do not need hand sanitizer.

Respected Contributor

Since we don't use hand sanitizer, my hands are good.

Respected Contributor

I apply a generous dollop of Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair hand cream every night and then wear white cotton gloves all night.  This really helps me as I have issues with my dry hands even on a good day.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any soap will kill the virus, even the cheap stuff.  Beekman 1802 products will kill it and leave your skin soft and not chapped.  ANY SOAP ~~KILLS~~ the virus.  Soap doesn't need to be strong, whatever that means, it just needs to be soap.  The scientists and doctors all have said this.  I follow what they say, they are the experts!