Honored Contributor

Hi everyone.  I am about to run out of my current hot flash supplement & although it helps to decrease the intensity of my hot flashes, I wonder if there is another brand that might be more effective?  I currently use Spring Valley Black Cohosh & I like it because the pills are small.  Any other brands of you have tried that were effective?  I welcome your input.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

There's supplements for everything that ails us - but each person has a slightly different experience with them.

Personally, I have had great success using 2 of Andrew Lessman's:

Positive Passage 

and

Women's Wellness

I've taken them NOT together - took Positive Passage, when I ran out I tried the Women's Wellness.

Both aided my night sweats, my mood and helped me sleep too.

Again - there's a ton available in retail and on line, give something a shot and GOOD LUCK!

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Flash Help

[ Edited ]

@MoonieBaby 

Thanks for the quick feedback.  I've never tried Andrew Lessman.  Are the pills large?  I'm horrible at taking pills & prefer smaller ones, if possible.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I can’t help you with this but, I have friends who have gone through the misery of “hot flashes” .... I don’t know why I’ve been so lucky but I have never gotten a “hot flash” & I’m well beyond the age when they should have started.... I hope you find something that works for you ... Good Luck 😃

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife 

Nope, not at all, and if you have issues, try taking them with something more than water. Milk is easy, (any variety of milk - be it cow or plant based).

I take about 25+ supplements from Lessman and take them daily with his whey protein, it's thicker than water and easier to take that way. 

Try something you concoct that's thicker than water and it just might be the answer to pill swallowing 

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  I used to have horrible nightsweats. I took 40 mg of standardized Black Cohosh from GNC.My nightsweats disappeared in 2 days!! 
  I have recommended it to friends & they too have had great success.Not all Black Cohosh is the same.

Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

I just read great reviews on that!  Many stated they saw results in a matter of days.  Thanks for suggesting it; it's a reasonable price, too.  I've added it to my cart on Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

I know how hard it is to find the right supplements for your particular need, among the zillions offered. If it were me, and I'd found something that I know works, I think I'd stop looking and stick with it! Cheers, it won't last forever!

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife   I took Nature's Way Change O Life.  That was years ago, but I remember that it worked for me.  It is a seven herb blend.  

Best of luck!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   When I was going through the hot flash thing, my doctor told me to eat one yam (not sweet potato) a day and as long as I did I was fine.  No supplement worked as good as that.  I used to get horrible night sweats and hot flashes so intense that I didn't want to go anywhere.