Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holy cow, I feel like a truck hit me....

I don't know why I am getting these now.  The last one I had was almost 40 years ago.  It resulted in a stenosis (narrowing) of the urethra.  Went to the urologist, and well let's say, the fix was not something I want to do again. It has to be stretched and they use what resembles a ring sizer, shapewise.  Start with the smallest and you go back a couple of times and they gradually increase the size.  I swear there are still fingernail marks on the ceiling in the room the first time he did it.  Add the first time peeing afterward and holy Batman that hurt. I haven't had a UTI since then, I was 29.  Maybe it's just age, who knows.

Valued Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2   No way would I ever take Cipro or any of its related drugs(fluoroquinolone).  Talk about a killer drug.  

A while back there wasa post about Cipro and many horror stories related to its use. Mine was one of them. I know it's supposed to be very effective in treating UTI's if you can tolerate it. Best to you for a speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  How are you doing now? Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler  Still not feeling great but I only took my first does Friday about 630 pm. DD picked script up on her way home. It wasn't called in until the end of the day. I told DH around noon I think I feel a hair better but I didn't sleep well (not that I ever do).

With these pills I can't take OTC pain pills and my knee is throbbing, had to cut back on caffine so no coffee and I'm cranky and I can't take my Furisomide either. but If this stuff works that will be great.

Caffine includes chocolate so no more Reese's PB eggs til this stuff is gone.

I figure if I don't feel significantly better by tomorrow or Tuesday I will call Dr.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@World Traveler  Still not feeling great but I only took my first does Friday about 630 pm. DD picked script up on her way home. It wasn't called in until the end of the day. I told DH around noon I think I feel a hair better but I didn't sleep well (not that I ever do).

With these pills I can't take OTC pain pills and my knee is throbbing, had to cut back on caffine so no coffee and I'm cranky and I can't take my Furisomide either. but If this stuff works that will be great.

Caffine includes chocolate so no more Reese's PB eggs til this stuff is gone.

I figure if I don't feel significantly better by tomorrow or Tuesday I will call Dr.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , call your pharmacist about having your coffee, or pain meds. I have taken Cipro, with no limititations except dairy. Cipro does not absorb as well with dairy, 

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I don't know why I am getting these now.  The last one I had was almost 40 years ago.  It resulted in a stenosis (narrowing) of the urethra.  Went to the urologist, and well let's say, the fix was not something I want to do again. It has to be stretched and they use what resembles a ring sizer, shapewise.  Start with the smallest and you go back a couple of times and they gradually increase the size.  I swear there are still fingernail marks on the ceiling in the room the first time he did it.  Add the first time peeing afterward and holy Batman that hurt. I haven't had a UTI since then, I was 29.  Maybe it's just age, who knows.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Have you started any new medications recently? UTIs can be a side effect of some prescription and over-the-counter drugs. 

Honored Contributor

https://draxe.com/d-mannose-uti/     

I came across this interesting article on bladder infections.  Sounds hopeful for some people.  Dr. Axe has helped me in other areas and I thought of all of you with this problem. I think this Mannose is the latest thing they are getting results with.       

Esteemed Contributor

I hope you are feeling better soon. Its been awhile since I've had a UTI, but I remember it was just miserable. Praying for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra  No new meds.  Just my same old blood pressure meds. I think the Cipro is statring to work.  I don't feel quite as bad as I did at the end of last week.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Hope you feel better soon, UTI's are uncomfortable, and can cause fever and chills.  It's good they did a culture and hopefully a sensitivity so they can find the right antibiotic that will take care of the UTI.  Drink lots of water if you can to flush the pipes of the infection.  Take care and rest.