Honored Contributor

Re: Holy Cow, it's been a long 24 hrs.

I am so sorry for the issues you seem to be having with this doc, here in NY all scripts are sent electronically to the pharmacy, I have not had a paper script if at least 5 years

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  I have no idea why his office doesn't do that.  It seems that since they became part of the new outfit everything is wonky.  Like I said earlier dealing with them was not like this 14 months ago when I had my hip done.

I know this change was within the last 5 months or so maybe they sre still working out the kinks.

I'm not planning anymore new joints but I won't be going to him again. Skill wise he's very good but there have been too many issues this time.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I am sorry you are dealing with this nonsense, in NY e scripts are the law 

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@I am still oxox  I have no idea why his office doesn't do that.  It seems that since they became part of the new outfit everything is wonky.  Like I said earlier dealing with them was not like this 14 months ago when I had my hip done.

I know this change was within the last 5 months or so maybe they sre still working out the kinks.

I'm not planning anymore new joints but I won't be going to him again. Skill wise he's very good but there have been too many issues this time.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am so sorry for the issues you seem to be having with this doc, here in NY all scripts are sent electronically to the pharmacy, I have not had a paper script if at least 5 years

Here, in my state, the pain med RX needed to be handed to the pharmacy in person.

Honored Contributor

My doctor always does e-scripts, too.  I had forgotten until tansy pointed it out, that pain med scripts do have to be written and handed to the pharmacist.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I my state perscriptions for narcotics must be written and handed in person to the pharmacy.  All other Rx can be transmitted electronically.  

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

My internist gave me a written script for amphetamine (something like adderall)....to try out low dose 10mg in morning for my chronic fatigue.  He told me they had to do it that way...instead of electronic transmission.  I thought that was silly/crazy!  Isn't it alot safer with any of these medications for the doctors office to do it electronically?  I would think so.

I tried it for a few days and all it did was make me jittery....wired but still drop dead tired!  So never went any further with that....not a solution for my problems.

Honored Contributor

I would have called the after hours line for that practice.