Honored Contributor

IMO if the mother is not up for it, it's best for mother and baby to bottle feed. I breast fed my son for 6 weeks, but stopped after that, I thought it was a pain and I could afford formula. That being said, I do think it's better for baby to breast feed, but if momma isn't happy, nobodies happy.

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

I understand everyone has their own opinion, but I just don't understand how nursing one's child could be gross.  Of course, I did it for two years and so I am at a loss for words. 

I don’t get it,either. Whenever I read something so out of touch on this board, all I can do is attribute it to the older average age of the women who post here 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Shaunac wrote:

I understand everyone has their own opinion, but I just don't understand how nursing one's child could be gross.  Of course, I did it for two years and so I am at a loss for words. 

I don’t get it,either. Whenever I read something so out of touch on this board, all I can do is attribute it to the older average age of the women who post here 

@september

???   Hmm .... and I found your comment to be pretty out of touch ....  there's a very large cross section of women (and men) of all ages on this board.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hints for Nursing

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@Shaunac wrote:

@septemberOh my gosh, what does being "old" have to do with how we view the topic of nursing a baby??!!!  I'm 70 and nursed all 3 of my babies, at a time when it wasn't popular to nurse.  It's the most naturall thing to do, obviously, or we wouldn't produce milk. If you choose not too, that's fine too.

But if someone thinks it's gross, they have a seriously deep problem somehow with breasts, or body image.  That's NOT natural.  That's out of touch no matter how old you are.