Honored Contributor

Re: Hi everyone . . . From LT, an update

@LilacTree wrote:

hi everyone.here I am again , iPad propped up against my knees. I wish I could tell you all that I’m doing great . . . Lilac  Tree is making progress! . . . But unfortunately that is not happening.  I am in an RA flare, the worst I’ve experienced.  The ortho doc agrees that the PT I was given at the rehab was far too aggressive, and has significantly affected all of my joints to the point that I am in constant pain day and night.

My right leg on the side of the broken hip has become weaker than it was in the rehab, my upper arms are so painful it has become almost impossible to use them.  this is RA, and those of you who have it will know exactly what I mean.  

The nurse and nurses aides are only here twice a week for an hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and they are helpful at those times.  

Of course I had to have the surgery, but I should not have had the “acute” form of PT which brought on this angry flare.  I don’t know how long this will last, and it’s possible it may last a very long time, as the shock to my body was significant.  

If if you read about the after effects of broken hip surgery on especially older women who have had an existing prior illness, you will understand what I am afraid of.

Again, I wish I had something more upbeat to say.

Thank you all for your continuing concern about me.  It really helps to know my cyber friends care.

Thank you for the update, @LilacTree.   I know all of us were wishing, hoping, and praying for better news but at the same time we understand progress sometimes is slow and maybe not even as steady as we'd like.   I do pray for your pain to subside, and for strength and healing to take its place.   (((gentle hugs)))  Indeed, your cyber friends do care, and we care deeply.❤️   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree-

I'm so sorry that that pt made it all worse! You needed that like a hole in the head right?!

One of the best physical therapists I ever had told me that it should never hurt!

It might get to just before that, like gently stretching a muscle but never hurt.

After I heard that, every time I had pt, I was able to speak up and say stop, or I can't do that.

I think it is hard to say that sometimes cause we think, well I guess they know what they are doing and we want to get better so we try and go along. And also as with everything, there are great ones and really not so great ones.

I hope slowly you are able to heal and feel a little better each day. Til then, I hope you get to like the ipad and enjoy lots of lovely naps and mindless tv as well and these forums too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree  sending you good thoughts and best wishes for your recovery. 

I haven't been around much, and  I didn't realize what has been going on with your health this summer.   

I just happen to find this thread and read the update from your daughter. 

I'm sorry about your fall. Smiley Sad 

Please take care of yourself. Sending you gentle hugs.  

I hope you are feeling better soon. 

Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree  I am glad you are on the mend, and hopefully this will be the last injury you will suffer.

My MIL got up from the sofa and fell, also broke a hip and arm, and managed to drag herself to the phone on the wall and reach the cord to call for help.  It turned out she had osteoporosis and didn't know it.

Honored Contributor

Sending good thoughts your way, @LilacTree! ~❤️~

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Send Get Well Soon Sms

Thanks for the update.  I hope each new day will better than the day before.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of your not getting better, it is supposed to go the other way. Many  ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))), gentle ones only and my best wishes for the pain to leave. 

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

I had a similar experience when I was in rehab after a surgery. I am a hypersensitive person and the PT's were so aggressive. I argued with them every day that I needed to go slower but they kept pushing and pushing. The worst thing is when medical professionals don't hear you. All they want to do is what they know but it's not always good for every single person! Anyhow I argued so much I thought they would kick me out of the facility. Fortunately for me I spoke to a young intern who did listen to me. My PT was changed and they gave me a less agressive program.

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that and I hope you feel better soon!

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I had a hip replacement due to a childhood accident, my doctor didn't believe in physical therapy, rather, he gave me exercises to do in bed, and that worked great for me.  I wonder if he had heard horror stories from patients.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, Just thinking about you , wanted to let you know that,let us know how things are going when you can.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.