Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hi everyone . . . From LT, an update

@cherry wrote:

@LilacTree  you might ask for a topical pain killer  if they will give it to you. I was recently given the generic form of Voltaren and is is wonderful and no upset stomach either

It is called Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel 1%..Good luckHeart

Hi Cherry...my pain doctor had prescribed Voltaren for me and my sister in FL has a doctor who did the same for her.  Her son, my nephew is a podiatrist in New York and he told both of us not to use it.  I never did get a reason but he is a doctor so I took his advice.  I did use it prior to his advice and it wasn't helping so it was no big deal to stop using it. Smiley Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

It has helped me, and I was very happy to have it. I can't take nsaids

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal@Cakers3@dex@BirkiLady, @goldensrbest, and others who were looking for updates...

This thread has the most recent posts from @LilacTree.   She hasn't been here since August 7.   

I think using the iPad not only is new for her, it's also probably not as easy for her to manage when her hands are painful.   

Continuing to send good vibes and lots of (((gentle hugs))) to you, LilacTree.   We miss you!

~❤️~

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

hi everyone.here I am again , iPad propped up against my knees. I wish I could tell you all that I’m doing great . . . Lilac  Tree is making progress! . . . But unfortunately that is not happening.  I am in an RA flare, the worst I’ve experienced.  The ortho doc agrees that the PT I was given at the rehab was far too aggressive, and has significantly affected all of my joints to the point that I am in constant pain day and night.

My right leg on the side of the broken hip has become weaker than it was in the rehab, my upper arms are so painful it has become almost impossible to use them.  this is RA, and those of you who have it will know exactly what I mean.  

The nurse and nurses aides are only here twice a week for an hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and they are helpful at those times.  

Of course I had to have the surgery, but I should not have had the “acute” form of PT which brought on this angry flare.  I don’t know how long this will last, and it’s possible it may last a very long time, as the shock to my body was significant.  

If if you read about the after effects of broken hip surgery on especially older women who have had an existing prior illness, you will understand what I am afraid of.

Again, I wish I had something more upbeat to say.

Thank you all for your continuing concern about me.  It really helps to know my cyber friends care.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Oh @LilacTree  I am sending you a gentle hug and I promise I will pray for you....Heart

Trusted Contributor

Heaven knows, my thoughts and prayers remain with you, Lilac Tree. I believe we are about the same age.. and without making this all about me; I have lived with advanved RA and CHF for many years. Had joint replacements earlier on that refused to heal properly and extreme pain flares due to necessary PT. Now mainly wheelchair dependent but can get around my apartment with a walker. I understand, dear lady. That's my point. 

I'm so sorry you're living in such pain, and hope the terrible flare soon passes. I believe you will progress in time. Be gentle with yourself. Thank you for checking in with us. ❤️

Honored Contributor

Glad to see you updated us, but sorry it wasn't better news on your end.  Still thinking of you and sending along best wishes.  I hope the help you need, comes sooner rather than later. Thanks for the update. hugs.

Respected Contributor

Oh my dear Lilac Tree...from personal experience and confirmed by my rheumatologist and orthopedic guys..having ra will yaks you months longer to recover. When I was in that situation I as pretty upset because I try to stay active...but with time, I did recover.

I understand your fear and frustration...especially when pt exacerbated it.

there is a rainbow around the corner for you. 🌸🌸🌸

Respected Contributor

Hi  Glad to hear from you. The recovery process takes time and patience. Something I didn’t have when I was recovering. I knew what I had to do and my family made sure I did it.  You are often in my thoughts and always in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTreeand Daughters - Oh, no! When I didn't hear anything last Sunday, I was worried, but didn't want to concern any other posters. Originally had wished Lilac Tree a successful and UNevenful recouperation (or something to that effect). I also have RA and a host of other autoimmune issues and know the problems that can go along with sugeries.

It didn't occur to me, however, that the PT's would incur more problems!  Hopefully, they have learned a huge lesson from Lilac's set-back and won't ever do the same thing to an RA patient again without checking with the Rheumatologist treating the patient first.

Lilac, my best suggestion is to rest and sleep as comfortably as possibly. Hopefully, the pain is kept at a minimum with meds for the time being.

Thanks to LT's daughters for their updates and continued care. This latest news is so painful to read. Sending thoughts and prayers to all three of you as you travel this journey together. Your family is a great team! Very gentle hugs and many blessings. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.