Honored Contributor

Hi . . . I’m finally home!

It’s Lilac Tree and I came home yesterday to my new bed and pillows . . . And oh what a relief it is!  I have made a note to write a thesis on hospital beds!  I am using my daughter’s iPad, so please ignore any gross errors in my typing!

First I want to thank all of you for being so kind and gracious to her on her efforts to keep you up to date.  I read them all, as she also did, and she thinks you are wonderful, caring folks and so do I.  Thank you so much! I wish I could answer each and every one of you, but it is my writing arm that was broken, and my hip, as you know.

I am not going to attempt filling you in on all the details right now, but I will say it was an “experience” I do not want to repeat in my remaining lifetime. 

I am am walking with a walker, but unfortunately my lumbar spine took most of the punishment from PT at the rehab, so I’m still pretty uncomfortable.  I plan to wait perhaps a week before I resume PT at home.

My girls were amazing throughout this ordeal, I think it was worse for them than it was for me.  And of course my youngest who kept you up to date was . . .  Well, there are no words to describe her efforts to take care of things.  I love them all so much.  It’s times like these when one realizes how much she is loved and how lucky she is.

Thank you all so much again for your caring and encouraging words, my wonderful cyber friends.  I will write again soon.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Hi . . . I’m finally home!

So happy to read that you are home @LilacTree. You truly have been missed and looking forward to hearing about your rehab stay.

Prayers and good wishes for healing quickly. Just remember to pamper yourself a little....you have been through so much the past month.Heart

Honored Contributor

Welcome Home @LilacTree!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I am relieved...that you are home and your spirit is up..and that you have such lovely daughters!

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

Really great news for me to read this morning. I am so happy to hear you are back home with your new bed and pillows, I am sure they will be much more comfortable for you.

Getting ready to go ice skating, so gotta run. A very BIG THANK YOU to your daughter for keeping us all updated.

Your cyber friend,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

👏💐 So glad you're home and feeling better! Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Super Contributor

Hi @LilacTree .... I'm so happy to hear you are home!! I've tried to keep up with the update on your progress. You are so blessed to have such wonderful girls looking after you and your needs. They are angels! I do pray for your continued progress. Heart

Falls are so dangerous. I've had 2 myself ... nothing compared to yours. The last one, 2 1/2 years ago, has left me with chronic  daily back pain and a couple of messed up discs. I warn my DH constantly to be cautious and do not do something silly and fall. We don't have children we can call on. We just don't bounce back like when we were young... as you well know.

This news has really made my day! Continued healing and joyous spirit! HeartHeart (((Gentle Hugs)))

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Super Contributor

Wonderful news!  Welcome "home" here too @LilacTree, and best wishes for a continued speedy recovery.  

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

Glad you are doing better, and will add that this might help your girls take heed of the things that matter. Everything works better when all are pulling in the same direction.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Lilac Tree,

I am so glad you are home. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I know you must be so happy to be home and maybe that will make your recovery quicker. You take care of yourself and post when you can!