Occasional Contributor

Re: Here is one big reason we cant get ventilators and masks

We are Feeling the same here in Canada! This has gone on too long, all for the sake of the Almighty Dollar...or in Our Case, the Loonie! Now we are at their Mercy....

Honored Contributor

'Made In The USA' is very red white & blue patriotic,

but be prepared to pay ALOT for it.
It's a business.

Once this comes down to the cold-hard-cash aspect,

people change their minds when it affects their pocketbook.  

Honored Contributor

For every product made in the USA there comes with it at least one attorney and more regulations that a person can shake a stick at. Add to that the cost of insuring employees, paying for their benefits and more. Then if its a piece of medical equipment, add even more regs and compliance bull to that...it never ends.

Esteemed Contributor

We are so spoiled that we think people should make $15 an hour to make it but we want to buy it for $2.98!

Honored Contributor

Very much not prepared in our country, try and realize we need things made here, in our country. Our appliances that were made in the usa, lasted for many years, clothes were quality ,lasted a long time ,i remember those days.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Occasional Visitor

While the email I just received promises to provide the things we NEED during this time, it was far from it.  While the items listed would be nice to have, we certainly  dont't NEED most of them.  We NEED paper products, food items that are not so expensive and affordable personal care products.

With QVC's huge buying power, one would think they could purchase these items to sell.  But I guess with majority of your items made or purchased off shore, you can't get them.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Kachina624 

Many big manufacturing plants are setting up to make the things much needed in the medical field. The auto manufacturers are also involved. Great to see this happening.

hckynut

@hckynut    Since Boeing has stopped production on the new 737s, it would make sense for them to re-tool and do medical equipment.  They're not doing great with airplanes.  Too much competition with Air Bus.  What do you think?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I think Boeing should use this time to help other corporations manufacturing things most needed by those in the Medical Community.

Seems like those in Engineering can still work on solving the problems with the 737's. Last I heard it was a Software problem and I would hope most of that info can be accessed via their computer programs remotely.

I don't know much about Airbus versus Boeing other than they both have been at the top, or close, for decades when it comes to making big planes.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut    Boeing seems to be going nowhere fast in solving their software problem.  I don't think anyone is in the mood to be riding in a risky airplane after going through the virus thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I saw a report on the news last night where a company, I think in New Orleans, that normally makes whiskey, has switched over to making hand sanitizer.  Interesting use of resources.

Several Botique distillers here asr doing it as well.  Creative!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras