Honored Contributor

Re: Here is one big reason we cant get ventilators and masks

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Kachina624 

Many big manufacturing plants are setting up to make the things much needed in the medical field. The auto manufacturers are also involved. Great to see this happening.

hckynut

.....and guess who is taking the credit for it in a speech yesterday.............

right ,you guessed it!!!

@MalteseMomma 

And in my opinion? Rightfully so!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That respirator situation just intensifies the fact that not much is made in the USA these days and it just may be the straw which might tip things rolling in the right direction.

@SilleeMee GREAT point!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Kachina624 

Many big manufacturing plants are setting up to make the things much needed in the medical field. The auto manufacturers are also involved. Great to see this happening.

hckynut

.....and guess who is taking the credit for it in a speech yesterday.............

right ,you guessed it!!!

@MalteseMomma 

And in my opinion? Rightfully so!

hckynut

If we try real hard to keep any hint of politics out of these discussions of current events, the mods will let them continue. It is of great value to be able to discuss current issues. 

Honored Contributor

GM factories are going to be making ventilators. Other companies are making masks and other supplies right now. Seems to disappoint some segments who desperately need something to complain about, but we are a strong country and we are up for this challenge if everyone does their part.😎
Honored Contributor

Yes, and to add our government needs to step up ,the stock pile of necessary product's.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
GM factories are going to be making ventilators. Other companies are making masks and other supplies right now. Seems to disappoint some segments who desperately need something to complain about, but we are a strong country and we are up for this challenge if everyone does their part.😎

Our country is not supplying what doctors ,and nurses need, very slow.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes, and to add our government needs to step up ,the stock pile of necessary product's.

@goldensrbest 

sadly, the gov has had a stock pile of some things and just started releasing it. i heard that some just shipped to ny.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Bureaucratic red tape woes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I saw a report on the news last night where a company, I think in New Orleans, that normally makes whiskey, has switched over to making hand sanitizer.  Interesting use of resources.

Just another example of those cumbersome restrictions that have been lifted, one by one to allow progress.

This one deals with alcohol, which is highly regulated. Hand sanitizer is largely alcohol, and removing some of those regulatory obstacles allows those who already have the equipment to go ahead and manufacture alcohol based sanitizer.

This is similar to the restrictions that were lifted on 3M, so they could sell the masks they already manufacture to the healthcare industry.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I saw a report on the news last night where a company, I think in New Orleans, that normally makes whiskey, has switched over to making hand sanitizer.  Interesting use of resources.

@Kachina624 

The company is Porchjam, maker of Bolden Vodka. The owner explained that there are many similarities in distilling liquor and making hand sanitizer.  You can read the whole article at NOLA dot com. Very interesting. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett